a6000 A telephoto lens is a lens that has a longer focal length than a standard lens. This makes it ideal for photographing distant objects, such as wildlife or athletes. Telephoto lenses are also great for shooting portraits, as they can help to create a sense of depth and compression. There are a number of different telephoto lenses available on the market, but the Sony FE 70-200mm F2.8 G Master is often considered to be one of the best options for the Sony A6000.
Our Top Picks At A Glance
Here is a quick recap of our top 10 picks that lets you compare each product with another and allow you to choose the best one.
10 Best Telephoto Lens For Sony People Love In 2022: In Depth Features
- Wide zoom range (82 - 315mm 35mm equivalent) ideal for sports or nature;Aperture blades : 7
- Internal focusing for smooth, quiet operation - perfect for video capture.Direct manual focus with non-rotating focus ring during AF: ideal for precise, comfortable manual focus adjustments
- Optical Steady Shot image stabilization for stable video capture and low light performance
- Minimum Focus Distance - 3.28 ft, Maximum Magnification ratio - 0.23x
- Angle of view (on APS-C)-29 °–7 ° 40'
- Telephoto zoom with outstanding corner-to-corner G lens resolution
- Lightweight (22oz.) remarkably Easy to handle 5x super-telephoto zoom
- 70-350Mm (105-525mm full-frame equiv.) super-telephoto zoom
- Xd linear motor for fast, precise, quiet AF and tracking
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization
- Outstanding g lens resolution throughout the Zoom range
- 5x ED (extra-low dispersion) glass elements Reduces flare & ghosting
- Direct drive Supersonic Wave Motor for fast, quiet, precise focus
- Aspherical lens element dramatically reduces spherical aberration
- Nano AR coating suppresses Reflections, flare and ghosting
- Wide F1.8 maximum aperture enables beautiful defocusing effects
- 9-Blade circular aperture creates beautiful round defocused bokeh
- ED glass element for corner-to-corner sharpness
- Double Linear motor system for fast, quiet and precise focusing. The maximum magnification ratio is 0.13 and the angle of view is 29 degree
- Direct control w/ customizable focus hold button and AF/MF switch.35 mm equivalent focal length (APS-C):127.5
- High-power 500mm telephoto focal length - This lens is a tremendous lens for anyone shooting at a distance from their subject, including sports and wildlife photography. It's lightweight (22.6 oz/641 g) and compact (just 11.7"/29.7cm long) and it focuses as close as 33' (10m).
- The aperture range is f/8.0 to f/32.0. This manual focus lens has an aluminum alloy body with Diamond Black finish, with fully multi-coated low-dispersion optical glass
- High index, low-dispersion multi-coated optical glass to reduce flare
- 2X Teleconverter doubles the power of your lens to 1000mm. - Filter thread: 67mm
- Includes T-mount adapter for digital and 35mm Sony Alpha E-Mount SLR cameras Including Sony a7r, a7s, a7, a3000, a5000, a5100, a6000, a6300, a6500, NEX-7, NEX-6, NEX-5T, NEX-5N, NEX-5R, 3N
- Full-frame 70-300mm G Series F45-56 G Telephoto zoom, Nano AR Coating with Nano-precision structure, Optical SteadyShot for clear images even at full telephoto
- 35 mm full-frame. 9-blade circular aperture for smooth defocus background bokeh, 2x Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) glass elements reduces aberration, 4x Aspherical elements control spherical aberration and coma
- Linear actuator achieves fast, smooth, quiet autofocus, Enhanced operability w/ direct control switches and buttons on lens, 105-450mm (35mm equivalent) w/ APS-C format cameras
- Class-leading close-up focusing capability less than 3’. Mount type: Sony E-mount
- 7.5x high magnification zoom/ 27-202.5mm (35mm equiv.) focal length. Lens Groups / Elements : 12-16
- Outstanding sharpness from 1x aspherical and 2x ED glass elements
- 7-blade circular aperture contributes to beautiful bokeh. Hood Type:Petal shape, bayonet type. Minimum focus distance- 0.45 m (1.48 feet)
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization for sharper stills and video
- Fast, precise, quiet AF for high-speed stills and impressive video
- Advanced 24.2MP BSI Full-frame Image Sensor w/ 1.8X readout speed Advanced 24.2MP Back-Illuminated 35mm Full-frame Image Sensor Sony test conditions. Compare to the α7 II
- 15-stop dynamic range, 14-bit uncompressed RAW, ISO 50 to 204,800
- Designed to achieve 50 Line pairs/mm resolving power
- Two XA (extreme aspherical) elements w/ high surface precision
- G Master design combines extraordinary sharpness and smooth bokeh, Constant F2.8 max aperture maintains exposure and depth of field.Weight 1480 g (without tripod mount)
- Class-leading min. focus distance of 37.8” / 0.25x max. mag, Dual floating focus system for high AF speed and precision, XA, ED/Super ED elements and Nano AR Coating for superb resolution
- Aspherical elements & 11-blade circular aperture for gorgeous bokeh, Min. focus breathing and par focal design ideal for video, Direct coupled mechanical focus system for precise manual focus
- Rigid construction with constant lens length during focusing and zooming, High performance Optical Steady Shot Image stabilization, Dust and moisture resistant for robust reliability
- Nano AR coating suppress reflections, flare and ghosting, XA (extreme aspherical) element with 0.01 micron surface precision
- Bundle Includes: Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG DN OS Sports Zoom Lens for Sony E, LaCie Rugged Mini 1TB USB 3.0 External Portable Hard Drive and SanDisk 64GB Extreme PRO 170 MB/s UHS-I SDXC Memory Card
- Unique Features: Fast and accurate autofocus owing to an AF unit equipped with a high-precision magnetic sensor, combined with an OS (Optical Stabilizer) function effective to approximately 4 stops of image stabilization makes this a highly responsive lens that can handle even the most challenging subjects
- Fast, High-Precision AF: The 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG DN OS | Sports comes with the pro-level functionality that defines the Sigma Sports line lens, which is designed for capturing fast-action subjects. With an AF actuator controlled by a stepping motor, the lens combines fast and quiet autofocus with excellent tracking of moving objects. Furthermore, a high-precision magnetic sensor enables highly accurate positioning for fast and high-precision AF
- Dual Action Zoom: The lens features a Dual Action Zoom, which supports both straight zoom and ring zoom, allowing you to change the angle of view in a quick and intuitive way. Optical image stabilization delivers approximately 4 stops of compensation, with two standard OS modes for both handheld shooting and panning situations
- Rugged Construction: As part of the Sigma Global Vision Sports line of lenses, the 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG DN OS | Sports is specifically designed for everyday use in challenging conditions. Barrel construction consists of aluminum and TSC (Thermally Stable Composite) for an ideal combination of toughness and improved portability
Criteria You Should Consider Before Purchasing The Best Telephoto Lens For Sony
Not every telephoto lens for sony comes with the same specifications & price. So, you should choose the one that will serve your purpose and save your wallet.
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best telephoto lens for Sony will vary depending on your needs. However, here are some general tips that might help: – choo, choo, chode your decision more when you’re making a purchase from a store like Amazon. This giant telephoto lens directorials vetoed a new Tamron design – be sure to check the quality of the lenses before purchasing. poor qualityenses may give you terrible results with focus problems. try another brand or store before stop – make sure to read the reviews before making a purchase. you may need their advice about the telephoto lens they used to buy
Related Frequently Asked Questions
Which Is Better Telephoto Or Zoom Lens?
Zoom lenses are better for small items like people. Telephoto lenses are better for complex tasks like firefighters.
How Do You Use A Sony Telephoto Lens?
A Sony telephoto lens is a phone camera that you use to capture a much closer image than you would from a normal camera. This is perfect if you were shooting a person or thing that was very small in comparison to other objects around it.
What Are Telephoto Lenses Best For?
Telephoto lenses are best for capturing closely-related objects or beings in a large field of view.
Is It Worth Getting A Telephoto Lens?
Yes, it is worth getting a telephoto lens. It allows you to take sharp photos in a large distance environment, which is valuable in pro-level capture events and cinematic footage.
a Rear Telephoto lens for Sony Alpha DSLRs When it comes to telephoto lens options for the Sony Alpha DSLR, the best option can be found by looking at the camera’s different body types and features. If you’re looking for a lens that will allow you to capture more image quality from your camera, then a rear telephoto lens is the choice.