a6000 A telephoto lens is a lens that has a longer focal length than a standard lens. This makes it ideal for photographing distant objects, such as wildlife or athletes. Telephoto lenses are also great for shooting portraits, as they can help to create a sense of depth and compression. There are a number of different telephoto lenses available on the market, but the Sony FE 70-200mm F2.8 G Master is often considered to be one of the best options for the Sony A6000.
Our Top Picks At A Glance
Here is a quick recap of our top 10 picks that lets you compare each product with another and allow you to choose the best one.
10 Best Telephoto Lens For Sony People Love In 2022: In Depth Features
- Wide zoom range (82 - 315mm 35mm equivalent) ideal for sports or nature;Aperture blades : 7
- Internal focusing for smooth, quiet operation - perfect for video capture.Direct manual focus with non-rotating focus ring during AF: ideal for precise, comfortable manual focus adjustments
- Optical Steady Shot image stabilization for stable video capture and low light performance
- Minimum Focus Distance - 3.28 ft, Maximum Magnification ratio - 0.23x
- Angle of view (on APS-C)-29 °–7 ° 40'
- 75-300mm telephoto zoom lens with f/4.5-5.6 maximum aperture for Alpha digital SLR cameras
- Ideal for taking close-up portraits and sports action without making subject nervous
- Gives light sources a pleasing circular defocused effect in the background for better results
- Minimum focusing distance of 4 feet, 11 inches; 7 aperture blades; 55mm filter diameter
- Measures 2.81 inches in diameter and 4.81 inches long; weighs 1 pound, 2 ounces
- Fast & quiet AF and well-controlled breathing for shooting video
- Focus Hold Button - Pressing this button on the lens will keep the lens locked to that focusing distance. You can assign functions such as Eye AF in settings on the camera body.
- Custom Switch - There is a custom switch, which can be set to allow adjustment of the aperture silently by rotating the focus ring. Using the optional Lens Station, you can set up the mode to suit your own preference.
- The Focus Range Limiter only operates in AF mode. It is useful when the distance from an object has been determined. Move the Focus Range Limiter forward or backward to select the focus range. - FULL: The AF range is set to infinity at a minimum focus distance of 0.69m. (AF search may take slightly longer.) - 0.69m - 2m: The AF range is set between 0.69m and 2m, which is suitable for close-up shooting. - 1.5m - ∞: The AF range is set from 1.5m to infinity, which is suitable for normal shooting.
- 11-Blade Diaphragm
- Compatible with 35 mm Full Frame, or APS-C format A-mount cameras.
- Small size, light weight telephoto zoom lens. Circular Aperture
- 35mm focal length equivelant; 82.5-300mm
- Smooth and silent AF operation with built-in motor (SAM)
- Closest focus distance: 0.95m; Maximum magnification: 0.29x
- High-power 500mm telephoto focal length
- Includes T-mount adapter for digital and 35mm Sony Alpha A-Mount SLR cameras
- High index, low-dispersion multi-coated optical glass to reduce flare
- 2X Teleconverter doubles the power of your lens to 1000mm.
- Filter thread: 67mm
- Telephoto zoom with outstanding corner-to-corner G lens resolution
- Lightweight (22oz.) remarkably Easy to handle 5x super-telephoto zoom
- 70-350Mm (105-525mm full-frame equiv.) super-telephoto zoom
- Xd linear motor for fast, precise, quiet AF and tracking
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization
- INCREDIBLY SHARP: Five ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements and one aspherical element in a new optical design offer superb resolution and image quality throughout the zoom range
- BEAUTIFULLY SMOOTH BACKGROUNDS: An 11-blade circular aperture mechanism makes it possible to use the narrow depth of field available at super-telephoto focal lengths to produce striking images
- CAPTURE ALL THE DETAIL: Sony Nano AR Coating to eliminate flare and ghosting
- FAST AND PRECISE: A high-power DDSSM (Direct Drive SSM) focus drive system provides the speed and precision required for both stills and video shooting.
- PROFESSIONAL ERGONOMICS: Built-in Optical SteadyShot image stabilization compensates for camera shake that can blur images when shooting handheld.
- Wide F1.8 maximum aperture enables beautiful defocusing effects
- 9-Blade circular aperture creates beautiful round defocused bokeh
- ED glass element for corner-to-corner sharpness
- Double Linear motor system for fast, quiet and precise focusing. The maximum magnification ratio is 0.13 and the angle of view is 29 degree
- Direct control w/ customizable focus hold button and AF/MF switch.35 mm equivalent focal length (APS-C):127.5
- Advanced 24.2MP BSI Full-frame Image Sensor w/ 1.8X readout speed Advanced 24.2MP Back-Illuminated 35mm Full-frame Image Sensor Sony test conditions. Compare to the α7 II
- 15-stop dynamic range, 14-bit uncompressed RAW, ISO 50 to 204,800
- Designed to achieve 50 Line pairs/mm resolving power
- Two XA (extreme aspherical) elements w/ high surface precision
- DT Lens Design for optimum performance with APS-C DSLRs
- Superb wide-angle to mid-range telephoto shots
- Wide f/2.8 aperture for fast response and strong depth-of-field
- Super Sonic wave Motor for fast, quiet autofocus
Criteria You Should Consider Before Purchasing The Best Telephoto Lens For Sony
Not every telephoto lens for sony comes with the same specifications & price. So, you should choose the one that will serve your purpose and save your wallet.
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best telephoto lens for Sony will vary depending on your needs. However, here are some general tips that might help: – choo, choo, chode your decision more when you’re making a purchase from a store like Amazon. This giant telephoto lens directorials vetoed a new Tamron design – be sure to check the quality of the lenses before purchasing. poor qualityenses may give you terrible results with focus problems. try another brand or store before stop – make sure to read the reviews before making a purchase. you may need their advice about the telephoto lens they used to buy
Related Frequently Asked Questions
Which Is Better Telephoto Or Zoom Lens?
Zoom lenses are better for small items like people. Telephoto lenses are better for complex tasks like firefighters.
How Do You Use A Sony Telephoto Lens?
A Sony telephoto lens is a phone camera that you use to capture a much closer image than you would from a normal camera. This is perfect if you were shooting a person or thing that was very small in comparison to other objects around it.
What Are Telephoto Lenses Best For?
Telephoto lenses are best for capturing closely-related objects or beings in a large field of view.
Is It Worth Getting A Telephoto Lens?
Yes, it is worth getting a telephoto lens. It allows you to take sharp photos in a large distance environment, which is valuable in pro-level capture events and cinematic footage.
a Rear Telephoto lens for Sony Alpha DSLRs When it comes to telephoto lens options for the Sony Alpha DSLR, the best option can be found by looking at the camera’s different body types and features. If you’re looking for a lens that will allow you to capture more image quality from your camera, then a rear telephoto lens is the choice.