The Canon 5D Mark III is a full-frame DSLR camera that was announced by Canon on March 21, 2012. It features 22.3 megapixel CMOS sensor and 61-point autofocus system.
Our Top Picks At A Glance
If you don’t have enough time, check out this shortlist of the best portrait lens for canon 5d mark iii and choose the one you like the most.
10 Best Portrait Lens For Canon 5D Mark Iii People Love In 2022: In Depth Features
- OPTICS - A super multi-layer coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery.
- SUPER RANGE - Manual focus 500mm or 1000mm with the 2x converter, this lens is not only a superb long-range choice but also performs well in a variety of scenes from sports to surveillance to everyday shooting. Feel free to explore the capabilities of this lens.
- SOLID CONSTRUCTION - Full metal body and rear t-mount allow this lens to withstand wear and tear much better than plastic lenses while commanding a rugged, solid feel when using.
- TRIPOD MOUNT - A built-in, rotating tripod collar offers well-balanced support for photographing atop a tripod or monopod with either vertical or horizontal shooting orientations.
- COMPATIBILITY - Can be used on all Canon EOS EF-Mount full frame and APS-C cameras including 90D, 80D, 77D, 70D, 60D, 50D, 40D, 30D, 20D, 10D, 7D, 6D, 5D, 1D, Rebel T8i, T8, T7i, T7s, T7, T6i, T6s, T6, T5i, T5, T4i, T3i, T3, T2i, T1i, SL3, SL2, SL1, 4000D, 2000D, 1300D, 1200D, 1000D, 850D, 800D, 450D, 400D, 350D, 300D, 250D, 200D and 100D.
- 50 millimeter focal length and maximum aperture of f/1.8
- Great for portraits, action, and nighttime photography; Angle of view (horizontal, vertical, diagonal): 40º, 27º,46º
- Minimum focusing distance of 1.15 feet (0.35 meter) and a maximum magnification of 0.21x
- Stepping motor (STM) delivers near silent, continuous move Servo AF for movies and smooth AF for stills
- 80 millimetre effective focal length on APS C cameras, 50 millimetre on full frame cameras. Lens construction: 6 elements in 5 groups
- EF Mount; Aperture Range: f/4-45; DC Autofocus Motor; 4.9' Minimum Focus Distance; 58mm Filter Thread Diameter
- 4.9-foot closest focusing distance; 32- to 8-degree diagonal angle of view
- Measures 2.8 inches in diameter and 4.8 inches long; weighs 16.8 ounces
- Improved mechanism makes zooming smoother; front part of zoom ring sports silver ring.
- Constant f 2.8 Maximum Aperture throughout Entire Zoom Range.
- Canon’s Air Sphere Coating (ASC) Minimizes Ghosting and Flare.
- Optical Image Stabilization at up to 3.5 Stops of Shake Correction.
- Fluorine Coating on Front and Rear Elements to Help Reduce Smears and Fingerprints.
- Highly Resistant to Dust and Water, and Improved Durability Even in Harsh Conditions. Inner Focusing System with Ring Ultrasonic Motor. Full-time Manual Focus. One Fluorite Element and Five UD Elements for High Image Quality. Minimum Focusing Distance of 3.9 feet, 1.2 meter. Diagonal Angle of View: 34° - 12°
- Filter size is 67mm, minimum focus distance with 0.85m
- Lens aperture range is F/1.8-F/22, lens construction with 6 groups of 9 pieces
- Full frame view: level: 16 degree / vertical: 24 degrees / diagonal: 28.5 degrees
- Lens carrying the usual electronic contacts, but also a USB connection that can be used to upgrade the lens firmware
- Suitable for a wide range of other subjects, including selective architecture, landscapes, portrait, short range sports and theatre photography
- - 8 pieces of circular aperture, smooth and large focus rings internal focusing(IF) hybrid aspherical lenses (H-ASP), ultra multi coating(UMC)
- - FULL MANUAL FOCUS OPERATION: require complete manual focus operation on dslr camera to align with lens body, NOT suitable for SLR beginners, recommended for photographers with excellent experience in equipment.
- - Compatible with Canon EOS Rebel T7, T7i, T6, T6i, T5, T5i, SL2, 80D, 77D, 700D, 70D, 60D, 50D, 5D, 6D, 7D, 600D, 550D, 200D, 150D, 100D, 1300D, 1400D, 1500D etc.
- Warm Tips: This is a MANUAL FOCUS LENS, NO Electronic Contacts, your camera will not detect the lens when mounted, that's why it shows "NO LENS ATTACHED", please switch to MF MODE in order to use this lens correctly. Tips to use our Manual Lens: 1) Set the mode dial to Manual (M). 2) Set the Release w/o Lens option in the camera menu to Enable. 3) Set the Shutter lock option in the camera menu to Off: no lens.
- - Large Aperture with a pleasing bokeh quality to further enhance shallow depth of field images
- Compatible with the following cameras - Canon Digital EOS Rebel T1i, T2i, T3, T3i, T4i, T5, T5i, T6, T6i, T6s, T7, T7i, T7s, T8i, SL1, SL2, SL3, EOS 60D, EOS 70D, EOS 77D, EOS 80D, EOS 90D, EOS 50D, EOS 40D, EOS 30D, EOS 5D, EOS1D, EOS5D III, EOS 5D IV, EOS 5Ds, EOS 6D, EOS 6D Mark II, EOS 7D, EOS 7D Mark II Digital SLR Cameras
- High-power 500mm telephoto focal length - Includes T-mount adapter for digital and 35mm Canon EOS SLR cameras
- High index, low-dispersion multi-coated optical glass to reduce flare
- 2X Teleconverter doubles the power of your lens to 1000mm.
- Filter thread: 67mm
- 22MP full frame CMOS sensor
- 6 frames per second continuous shooting
- 61-point AF system. Image type : JPEG, RAW (14-bit Canon original), RAW + JPEG simultaneous recording enabled
- ISO 100 - 25600 range with 50 - 102,800 expansion
- 1080p HD video recording with manual controls
- View-angle Coverate：Diagonal 63 Degree/Vertical 38 Degree/Horizontal 54 Degree.
- Lens structure: 5 sets, 7 pieces
- Minimum aperture: f/22, minimum focusing distance: 0. 25M/ 0. 8ft, maximum magnification: 0. 23x.
- Filter Diameter / Quantity Available: 52mm / 1, Maximum Diameter and Length: 73*59mm.
- Support Auto focus (AF) and manual focus (MF) mode.
- Compact macro Lens with 0.5x Magnification Ratio
- Minimum Focusing Distance of 0.56 ft. ; 0.17M
- Control Ring for direct setting changes
- Optical Image Stabilization at up to 5 Stops of shake Correction
- 12 pin Communication System
How To Choose The Best Portrait Lens For Canon 5D Mark Iii
Before choosing a portrait lens for canon 5d mark iii, you should take the following considerations into account.
There are many portrait lens for Canon 5D Mark III. However, we recommend you to read the Canon 5D Mark IIIorlds Best Overall Reviews to get the best advice on which lens is for you.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
Which Canon Lens Is Good For Portrait Photography?
Aperture is important, while there is a lot of light in a place, it is helpful to shoot with a Bach lens with an open aperture.
What Lens Mount Does Canon 5D Mark Iii Have?
Canon 5D Mark III has a Canon E-M5 lens mount.
Do Ef Lenses Work On 5D Mark Iii?
Yes, EF lenses work on the 5D Mark III.
Is Canon 5D Good For Portraits?
Canon 5D is a top-of-the-line portrait camera that can take amazing photos of people you know. It’s great for capturing memories orgrams of people you want to remember the event.
Posing with a great portrait of your loved one between your2 hands is always a crisp experience. But which portrait lens should you choose for this photo shot? You can find many different ones that will fit most Canon 5d mark iii cameras. The best one to choose for this situation depends on your general posing and landscape photographer style.