The Panasonic Lumix G Vario 12-35mm f/2.8 Asph. Lens is a great lens for shooting video with a Micro Four Thirds camera. It has a fast aperture of f/2.8, which allows you to shoot in low light conditions and create shallow depth of field effects. The lens also has a built-in silent autofocus motor, which makes it ideal for shooting video.
Our Top Picks At A Glance
If you don’t have enough time, check out this shortlist of the best micro four thirds lens for video and choose the one you like the most.
10 Best Micro Four Thirds Lens For Video People Love In 2022: In Depth Features
- Leica DG vario-summilux – Leica camera ag’s strict quality standards optimized for photo/video has been developed into this ruggedized Mirrorless micro Four Thirds mount lens.
- F1. 7 full range – F. 17 high-speed aperture brightness is available across the entire zoom range of 10-25mm
- Stepless aperture – a stepless “De-Clicked” aperture ring and micro-step Drive aperture system provide smooth transitions when scene brightness changes rapidly.
- Reduced brightness shifts - The optical design achieves exceptional barycentric stability to minimize image shifts during zooming.
- Clutch focus –a focus Clutch Mechanism enables instant AF/MF switching and accurate manual focusing Plus an inner focus Drive system provides near silent operation.
- Feature-Packed Camera: Why trust your memories to a phone. With exceptional performance and versatility, the LUMIX G100 captures life in crystal-clear 4K photo, 4K 24p 30p video, and advanced audio
- Grows as Your Skills Grow: iA (intelligent auto) mode gives the perfect shot every time, or use manual modes as your skills sharpen; Micro Four Thirds system is compatible with all LUMIX lenses for any adventure; 12-32mm lens included
- Use as a Webcam: Easily connect the G100 to your computer so that your web calls, livestreams, interviews, and media all look crisp, bright, and professional
- Shoot, Transfer, Edit, Share: Features guide you at every step—frame marker for social media aspect ratios; facial recognition; blur-free dual image stabilization and V-Log L recording. Upload to smartphone seamlessly
- Advanced 360-Degree Sound: High-performance microphone with tracking audio auto-adjusts to record clearly inside or outside, in crowds, one-on-ones, nature, and more; lightweight camera for one-handed recording
- Compatible with 4/3 Lens to M4/3 (MFT/Micro Four Third) Mount Camera.
- The adapter comes with the Gold-Plating Contact,which can help to connect your 4/3 Lens to M4/3 Camera,perfectly support AF and makes your old lens play a part in shooting.
- Support AF function;Exif Transmitting;Manual Aperture Control.
- Material: Aluminum alloy bayonet mount & plastic body,1/4 standard thread at the bottom, convenient for connection with tripod and other supports.
- Package Includes:1X 4/3-M4/3 Lens Mount adapter Ring（Comes with front & rear caps for protecting）.
- Focus on Your Creativity: Perfect for photographers who are ready to excel, the LUMIX G95 has a superb, powerful 20.3 MP Digital Live MOS sensor and advanced technologies for both photo and video
- Versatile and Portable: Lightweight Micro Four Thirds mirrorless camera is weather sealed with a flexible, free-angle monitor, ready for any adventure; LUMIX G 12-60mm F3.5-5.6 POWER O.I.S. lens ensures crisp, clear images
- Exceptional Flexibility: 4K 24/30P video capture, plus preinstalled Vlog-L, features log characteristics with 12 Stops of dynamic range for maximum freedom in editing. Send out 4: 2: 2/ 8 bit video to an external monitor simultaneously while recording
- Features for Maximum Expression: Live View Composite mode lets you compose a single image out of many; adjust focus after shooting; develop, and retouch inside this photography camera
- High Sound Quality: External microphone/headphone jacks let you record and monitor sound using external equipment
- Benefits: The Laowa 17mm f/1.8 for Micro Four Thirds (M43) cameras. It is the 4th wide-angle lens that LAOWA has designed for MFT mirrorless cameras, following the success of their ultra-wide 7.5mm f/2, 9mm f/2.8, and 4mm f/2.8 fisheye lenses
- Features: The LAOWA 17mm is equivalent to a 34mm angle of view on a full-frame sensor. The lens houses nine elements in seven groups and has a seven-blade diaphragm to give a pleasing Sunstar rendering. The lens is compact and weighs just 6oz (172g). It has a minimum focus distance of 5.9 inches/15cm from the sensor and has a 46mm filter thread
- Lightweight and Compact: Weighing only 6oz (172g), this remarkably light, compact, and agile lens serves as the perfect complement to MFT cameras. It is a great tool for still-lifes, close-ups, street, and travel photography and should be in every photographers’ kit bag
- Easy to Use: This lens has a 5.9-inch (15cm) minimum focusing distance that greatly benefits shooting details and smaller subjects. Photographers can make use of the “Mini-macro” feature to capture close-up shots with shallower depth of field, creating smooth out-of-focus renderings and impressive subject separation from the background. light body, the 17mm f/1.8 lens is a portable, on-the-go option for videographers - both handheld and on gimbals
- Design: The high-performance optical design incorporates one ED (extra-low dispersion) glass element that delivers high-definition images while minimizing ghosting and flare, broadening your shooting potential in challenging situations
- A wide-angle prime, this 16mm f/1. 4 is designed for micro Four Thirds mount Mirrorless cameras and provides a 24mm equivalent focal length.
- Fast f/1. 4 maximum aperture excels in low-light conditions and also affords greater focus control for producing shallow Depth of field effects.
- Three FLD elements, two Sled elements, and two molded aspherical elements to help reduce color fringing, chromatic aberrations, and spherical aberrations for notable sharpness, clarity, and color accuracy from Edge to edge.
- A super multi-layer coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlight conditions.
- Lens Not Attached:MANUAL LENS need you to enable"M mode" or "Release without lens" in the setting of camera.
- The 35mm cine lens has a wide view angle of 37 degrees, great for portrait shots or interviews, With a wide aperture of T2.2, the lens allows you to create shallow depth of view videos
- The lens structure is 8 groups 10 elements, makes the lens capable of producing sharp image and videos with low distortion
- The Meike Mini Prime 35mm T2.2 is small and compact build, offers a focal length equivalent to 70mm with focal lengths that are ideal for video use
- This cine lenses have very little focus breathing, sharpness is perform very well both in the center and in the corners， it haven’t any significant chromatic aberration
- 7 Elements in 5 Groups
- Aperture Range: F/1.8 - F16. Ideal Aperture with 12 Diaphragm Blades
- Aluminum Body and Copper Core. Compact and Lightweight 0.31oz/143g
- Not Available for Full Frame. When Use The Lens on Full Frame Camera, Please Change the Camera into APS-C Mode
- Wide Compatibility: Panasonic G1, G2, G3, G4, G5, G6, G7, GF1, GF2, GF3, GF5, GF6, GM1, GM5, GM10, GX1, GX7, GX8, GH1, GH2, GH3, GH4; Olympus Epm1, Epm2, E-PL1, E-PL2, E-PL3, E-PL5, E-PL6, E-PL7, E-PL8, E-P1, E-P2, E-P3, E-P5, E-P6, NOTE that the E-M10 Mark III need a special custom, please contact us first before your order.
- The 65mm cine lens has a wide view angle of 20 degrees, great for portrait or landscape
- With a wide aperture of T2.2, the lens allows you to create shallow depth of view videos
- The Meike Mini Prime 65mm T2.2 is small and compact build, offers a focal length equivalent to 100mm with focal lengths that are ideal for video use
- The lens structure is 7 groups 10 elements, makes the lens capable of producing sharp image and videos with low distortion
- This cine lenses have very little focus breathing，sharpness is perform very well both in the center and in the corners， it haven’t any significant chromatic aberration
- At f0.8 this is the fastest lens you can buy for M43
- 29mm a long normal, equivalent to 58mm on full frame 35mm
- Like all Voigtlander M43 lenses, offers optional clickless video operation
- With 6 lenses f0.95 or faster, Voigtlander offers the fastest lenses for M43
- Voigtlander 10.5mm, 17mm, 25mm, 29mm, 42.5mm, 60mm offer consistent color and bokeh
Things To Consider Before Buying The Best Micro Four Thirds Lens For Video
Before choosing a micro four thirds lens for video, you should take the following considerations into account.
If you’re looking for a micro four thirds lens for video, you’ll want to consider the zoom capabilities of both the wide angle and telephoto lens options. Additionally, it’s important to make sure the lens is certified or approved for use in that field, as these lenses often come with features not available to other users.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
Is Micro Four Thirds Good For Video?
The answer is that micro four thirds was never a normal camera size, but it is now the Better for video camera size because it gives you more pixels tojoints to process data.
Do Professionals Use Micro Four Thirds?
Micro Four Thirds screens are used by professionals.
What Lens Is Best For Filmmaking?
A lens that is best for filmmaking includes the lens that is used for photography. This can be the type of lens that is most appropriate for the content of the film or the photography of the people involved in thefilm.
Can I Use Mft Lenses On Full-Frame?
Yes, MFT lenses can be used on full-frame cameras, but may require some efforts to get them working. However, the imaging features and Shake Out technology of full-frame cameras makes this a very viable option.
The best micro four thirds lens for video is the 12mm macro lens. This lens is perfect for shot macro or video recordings. It allows you to take beautiful, 4th of July stunning shots of your favorite people!