A portrait lens is a must-have for any photographer looking to capture stunning portraits. There are many great Canon lenses for portrait photography, but the best one depends on your budget and shooting style. For amateur photographers on a budget, the 50mm f/1.8 lens is a great option. It’s affordable and offers a versatile range of shooting capabilities. If you’re looking for something more advanced, the 85mm f/1.8 lens is a good choice. It’s pricier than the 50mm lens, but it provides superior image quality and depth of field control.
Our Top Picks At A Glance
If you don’t have enough time, check out this shortlist of the best canon lens for portrait photography and choose the one you like the most.
10 Best Canon Lens For Portrait Photography People Love In 2022: In Depth Features
- - 8 pieces of circular aperture, smooth and large focus rings internal focusing(IF) hybrid aspherical lenses (H-ASP), ultra multi coating(UMC)
- - FULL MANUAL FOCUS OPERATION: require complete manual focus operation on dslr camera to align with lens body, NOT suitable for SLR beginners, recommended for photographers with excellent experience in equipment.
- - Compatible with Canon EOS Rebel T7, T7i, T6, T6i, T5, T5i, SL2, 80D, 77D, 700D, 70D, 60D, 50D, 5D, 6D, 7D, 600D, 550D, 200D, 150D, 100D, 1300D, 1400D, 1500D etc.
- Warm Tips: This is a MANUAL FOCUS LENS, NO Electronic Contacts, your camera will not detect the lens when mounted, that's why it shows "NO LENS ATTACHED", please switch to MF MODE in order to use this lens correctly. Tips to use our Manual Lens: 1) Set the mode dial to Manual (M). 2) Set the Release w/o Lens option in the camera menu to Enable. 3) Set the Shutter lock option in the camera menu to Off: no lens.
- - Large Aperture with a pleasing bokeh quality to further enhance shallow depth of field images
- EF 50mm f/1.8 STM is a compact, lightweight fixed focal length lens ideal for everyday photos, and with a large f/1.8 aperture, a perfect lens for low-light photography and creative background blur
- EF-S10-18mm F4.5-5.6 IS STM is an EF-S ultra-wide zoom lens with an impressive starting focal length (16mm in 35mm equivalence). For expansive scenery from tall buildings to inspiring mountain ranges, the wide angle of view from the EF-S 10–18mm f/4.5–5.6 IS STM helps you achieve vivid colors and details during your travels
- A stepping motor (Gear-type STM) supports the Movie Servo AF function in providing smooth and quiet continuous AF during video recording, as well as when shooting photos
- EF 50mm f/1.8 STM:Minimum focusing distance of 1.15 ft. (0.35m); maximum magnification of 0.21x. EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM:Full-time manual focus allows manual focus adjustment while in AF Mode
- EF 50mm f/1.8 STM :Circular aperture (7 blades) helps deliver beautiful, soft backgrounds.Metal mount helps provide stability and ruggedness
- Filter size is 67mm, minimum focus distance with 0.85m
- Lens aperture range is F/1.8-F/22, lens construction with 6 groups of 9 pieces
- Full frame view: level: 16 degree / vertical: 24 degrees / diagonal: 28.5 degrees
- Lens carrying the usual electronic contacts, but also a USB connection that can be used to upgrade the lens firmware
- Suitable for a wide range of other subjects, including selective architecture, landscapes, portrait, short range sports and theatre photography
- Easily screws on to the front of your lens, and instantly expands the field of view for breathtaking wide-angle photography. Features a detachable macro lens for extremely high-resolution close-ups of small objects.
- Lens Compatibility: Popular 58MM Lens model includes EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II, EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III USM.
- Camera Models: CANON Rebel (77D T7i T6i T6 T6s T5i T5 T4i T3i T2i T1i XT XTi XSi), CANON EOS (750D 760D 650D 600D 550D 500D 450D 400D 350D 300D 7D 60D) and more.
- NOTE: PLEASE VERIFY YOUR CAMERA'S LENS THREAD SIZE BEFORE ORDERING. This Wide-Angle is compatible with 58MM lenses only. Lens sizes vary regardless of camera brand or model. Your camera's lens thread size will be marked somewhere on the lens barrel or printed underneath your lens cap. This number is always preceded by a ""Ø"" (diameter) symbol. For example: Ø58 = 58mm lens thread size.
- Compact macro Lens with 0.5x Magnification Ratio
- Minimum Focusing Distance of 0.56 ft. ; 0.17M
- Control Ring for direct setting changes
- Optical Image Stabilization at up to 5 Stops of shake Correction
- 12 pin Communication System
- Compact, Lightweight Fixed 50 millimeter Focal Length Lens.
- Large F, 1.8 Aperture for Low-Light Photography and Creative Background Blur
- A Stepping Motor (Gear-Type STM) Provides Smooth and Quiet Continuous AF During Video Recording, As Well As When Shooting Photos
- Control Ring for Direct Setting Changes
- Optimized Lens Placement and Coatings Help Deliver Outstanding Color Balance, While Minimizing Ghosting and Flare
- Sartore, Joel (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 256 Pages - 11/12/2019 (Publication Date) - National Geographic (Publisher)
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Kirkland, Crys (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 69 Pages - 01/01/2015 (Publication Date)
- This Certified Refurbished product is manufacturer refurbished it shows limited or no wear
- Includes all original accessories plus a 90 day warranty
- Fast, f/1.8 prime lens is perfect for low-light conditions, travel, environmental portrait and general photography, Engineered for Nikon DX-format D-SLRS, the AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G lens renders a picture angle approximating the classic normal angle of view of a 50mm lens on a Nikon FXformat digital SLR or 35mm film camera
- Aspherical lens element minimizes coma and other types of lens aberrations, further improving image integrity, Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC) enhances light transmission efficiency and offers color consistency and reduced flare, Exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM) enables fast, accurate and quiet autofocus
- Close focusing to 1 foot for creative perspectives and versatility, Rounded 7-blade diaphragm opening makes out-of-focus elements appear more natural, Accepts 52mm filter attachments
- 50 millimeter focal length and maximum aperture of f/1.8
- Great for portraits, action, and nighttime photography; Angle of view (horizontal, vertical, diagonal): 40º, 27º,46º
- Minimum focusing distance of 1.15 feet (0.35 meter) and a maximum magnification of 0.21x
- Stepping motor (STM) delivers near silent, continuous move Servo AF for movies and smooth AF for stills
- 80 millimetre effective focal length on APS C cameras, 50 millimetre on full frame cameras. Lens construction: 6 elements in 5 groups
What To Look For Before Buying Best Canon Lens For Portrait Photography
Before choosing a canon lens for portrait photography, you should take the following considerations into account.
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best Canon lens for portrait photography will vary depending on the individual’s preferences and goals. However, some tips on how to choose the right lens for portraits include using a good microscope camera holding post-up guide, choosing a good lens size for your camera, and finding a good photo printing company.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
Which Canon Lens Is Best For Portrait?
A Canon lens is best for portrait photography.
Which Lens Is Best For Portrait Photography?
Pursuit lens is best for landscape and headshots because of their low size and limited zoom. Another cost effective lens for landscape is the fine art lens which is around 10-12mm to create a more 3D representation of the photo.
What Is The Best Lens Size For Portraits?
The best lens size for portraits is the 24-105 mm F3.5-4.5.
What Canon Lens Should Every Photographer Have?
There are a range of Canon lens that are perfect for photography. If you’re looking for a lens that will help you take great pictures, then a telephoto or wide angle lens is what you should buy. If you’re looking for a lens that will work well with long lenses, then the zoom lens size is a good choice.
Many people consider Canon lenses to be some of the best lens they can purchase. They have a wide range of picture quality, a variety of aperture settings, and are made from durable and sturdy materials. Some of the best Canon lens for portrait photography include the R LM O The R LM O is a good choice for portrait photography if you are looking for a civil war maple syrup painting or digital single High school students can take care of it with a simple touch & go kit. If you are looking for a more high-end lens, the PZ M1000 is a good option. It has a wide range of picture quality options and is made from durable materials. However, it is not as expensive as other common