Canon EF lenses are some of the best lenses for filming. They are known for their high-quality optics and durability. There are a variety of Canon EF lenses available, so you can find the perfect lens for your needs.
A Shortlist Of The Best Canon Ef Lens For Filming
Here is a quick recap of our top 10 picks that lets you compare each item with another and allow you to choose the best one.
10 Best Canon Ef Lens For Filming People Love In 2022: In Depth Features
- Wide angle lens for Canon APS C cameras (equivalent to 38 millimeter on a full frame camera)
- Focal length & maximum aperture: 24 millimeter 1:2.8, maximum magnification of x0.27
- Slimmest and lightest lens of the EF S series
- Circular aperture (7 blades) delivers beautiful, soft backgrounds
- Full time manual focus allows manual focus adjustment while in One Shot AF mode
- Full Frame Sensor Coverage with aperture range of T3.1 - T22
- Dual calibrated right and left side distance an T-stop scales
- Produces an Extreme Ultra-Wide 180 Degree Diagonal Fisheye View
- De-Clicked (Uncoupled) and Geared Aperture and Focus Rings with Unified Cine DS Lens System focus gear and aperture gear positions
- Full frame coverage with aperture range of T3.1 - T22
- New DS line that is color matched with other Rokinon DS lenses and have unified gear and aperture positions among all Rokinon Cine DS lenses
- 115.7 degrees angle of view on full frame cameras & 89.9 degrees angle of view on APS-C
- Minimum focusing distance of 11 inches
- ✔ COMPATIBLE WITH ALL SMARTPHONES, TABLETS, and LAPTOPS including ALL iPhone models, Samsung Galaxy and Note, Google Pixel, Huawei and more. CONTENTS INCLUDE: TruView 0.45x Wide Angle Lens, Clarus 15x Macro Lens, TruGrip Lens Clip, GlowClip Mini Rechargeable LED Light + Charging Cable, Quick-Release Lanyard, DuraCase, EasyClip, Cleaning Cloth and LIFETIME WARRANTY.
- ✔ TRUVIEW 0.45x WIDE ANGLE LENS - CAPTURE 45% MORE PICTURE WITH EVERY SNAP: Shoot stunning photos of people, pets, travel scenery, landscapes, architecture, selfies and more. NO DARK CORNERS (vignetting) like cheaper lenses. Crafted from aircraft-grade aluminum and premium optical glass for durability and clarity. Multi-element, coated glass lenses minimize ghosting, reflections, lens flare, and other artifacts. Xenvo cell phone lens attachment is ideal for hobbyists and photography pros alike.
- ✔ CLARUS 15x MACRO LENS - MARVEL YOUR SENSES. MAGNIFY NEARBY SUBJECTS FOR BREATHTAKING, SUPER CLOSE-UP PHOTOS: Capture all the intricacies and details with precision-focus for razor crisp macro photos every time. (For best results, position macro lens approximately 1/2 inch from subject. Not designed for zooming in on distant subjects.) THE TRUGRIP LENS CLIP offers SUPERIOR GRIPPING POWER to fasten your lenses to your cell phone when you're in action mode, framing your next perfect shot.
- ✔ GLOWCLIP RECHARGEABLE LED FILL LIGHT - The GlowClip LED light clips ANYWHERE on your phone to instantly illuminate your subject and surroundings with warm continuous light. The warm and natural LED light is superior to your smartphone's built in flash—which can be blinding and unnatural—especially in darker settings and venues. FEATURES 3 BRIGHTNESS SETTINGS: Low, Medium and High. Say goodbye to frustrating photo "retakes" and hello to brilliant photos the first time.
- ✔ QUICK-RELEASE LANYARD AND TRAVEL CASE - TRANSPORT AND PROTECT YOUR LENS KIT: Perfect for taking your Xenvo lenses with you on the fly. The travel case stores and protects all lens kit components snugly and safely while the quick-release lanyard is the perfect way to carry your lenses on your next outing. Just drape the lanyard and lens around your neck. The quick-release lanyard head makes it a cinch to access your Xenvo lenses in a flash so you never miss another photo moment.
- 50 millimeter focal length and maximum aperture of f/1.8
- Great for portraits, action, and nighttime photography; Angle of view (horizontal, vertical, diagonal): 40º, 27º,46º
- Minimum focusing distance of 1.15 feet (0.35 meter) and a maximum magnification of 0.21x
- Stepping motor (STM) delivers near silent, continuous move Servo AF for movies and smooth AF for stills
- 80 millimetre effective focal length on APS C cameras, 50 millimetre on full frame cameras. Lens construction: 6 elements in 5 groups
- BUNDLE INCLUDES: Sigma 16mm f/1.4 DC DN Contemporary Lens for Canon EF-M Complete with All Standard Supplied Accessories and 4-Year Sigma USA Warranty, Deluxe Digital Camera/Video Padded Backpack which is a large bag designed to keep your camera and accessories safe. This lightweight, durable, comfortable, and convenient backpack has multiple versatile storage compartments to keep each accessory separate and safe. + SanDisk 64GB Ultra UHS-I Class 10 SDXC Memory Card + Neoprene Lens Pouch
- STEPPING MOTOR: The optical design and stepping motor deliver smooth autofocus during video shooting. The lens design fully accommodates the Fast Hybrid AF of Canon EF-M-mount cameras for super-fast autofocus functionality. Using face recognition AF results in consistent autofocusing on faces, even as the subjects move
- COMPACTNESS WITH OUTSTANDING OPTICAL PERFORMANCE: The 16mm f/1.4 features Sigma�s inner focus technologies, while lighter lens elements in the focus lens group make possible a more compact actuator. Moreover, this lens offers outstanding stability whether the photographer is shooting handheld or has the camera placed on a surface
- COMPATIBLE with APS-C Canon Mirrorless Cameras (M mount), including M, M2, M3, M5, M6, M6 Mark II, M10, M50, M100 and M200.
- SIGMA AUTHORIZED DEALER: Includes USA 4 Year Manufacturer�s Warranty
- A perfect Canon ET-65III replacement.
- Compatible with Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM, 100mm f/2.0 USM, EF 135mm f/2.8 SF, EF 100-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM Lenses.
- Altura Photo lens hood shades the end of the lens preventing unwanted light and flares, those cirlcles of light that appear in your pictures when a strong light source is just outside the frame.
- Handy reversible design allows you to attach the hood in reverse for easy storage in your bag. Made of high impact plastic for an extremely solid and lightweight feel.
- Backed with DigitalGoja 90-Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
- The "Nifty Fifty" Has an 80mm Equivalent Focal Length (on APS-C Bodies @ x1.6 crop factor) 50mm Native on Full Frame Cameras
- An excellent walk-around lens: Great for portraits, action, and nighttime photography
- Minimum focusing distance of 1.15 ft. (0.35m) and a maximum magnification of 0.21x
- Stepping motor (STM) delivers near silent, continuous Movie Servo AF for movies and smooths AF for stills
- 80mm effective focal-length on APS-C cameras, 50mm on full-frame cameras
- Prevent glare by stopping light from coming into the lens at side angles.
- Improves contrast and image quality. Effectively eliminates unwanted flare.
- Protect your lens from minor impact. Protects lens from scratches and impacts.
- Flower shaped design reduces vignetting effect.
- Can be installed in reverse position to save space when not need.
- Compact macro Lens with 0.5x Magnification Ratio
- Minimum Focusing Distance of 0.56 ft. ; 0.17M
- Control Ring for direct setting changes
- Optical Image Stabilization at up to 5 Stops of shake Correction
- 12 pin Communication System
What To Look For Choosing The Best Canon Ef Lens For Filming
Not every canon ef lens for filming comes with the same specifications & price. So, you should choose the one that will serve your purpose and save your wallet.
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best Canon Ef lens for filming will vary depending on your needs. However, some general tips that may help include using a choice lens for filming such as the 18-135mm is a good choice for capture video and take photos; or, if using a digital camera, taking advantage of the 3d function to create photos or videos. Finally, remember to test different lenses on different subjects to determine which one is best for you. And, once you have purchased your Canon Ef lens, make sure to use it frequently to improve clarity and detail in your photos and videos.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
Which Canon Lens Is Best For Videography?
If you are filming using a Canon lens, the Fv50 mm lens is would be the best option. This lens is great for capturing video in a wide area, while still having a lowTamago that makes it easy to take pictures with.
Can You Use An Ef Lens On A Film Camera?
Yes, you can use an EF lens on a film camera.
What Lens Is Best For Filming?
If you are shooting using a lens that is long enough to get all the way around the camera, then that lens is likely the best option. For shorter distances or when you are using a low-light setting, a longer lens would be better.
What Is The Best Focal Length For Video?
There is no definitive answer to this question as it depends on a variety of factors, including budget, camera type, and in question: how many people are present. However, one thing to consider is that high-definition video needs a higher focal length for the best results.
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best Canon ef lens for filming will vary depending on the specific needs of the filmmaker. However, some of the best Canon ef lenses for filming include those that are designed for long-term filming or shooting video or photography.