A prime lens is a type of photographic lens that has a fixed focal length, as opposed to a zoom lens which has a variable focal length. Prime lenses are typically sharper and have less distortion than zoom lenses. They are also lighter and less expensive.
Which Are The Best Prime Lens For Canon From Our Choice
If you don’t have enough time, check out this shortlist of the best prime lens for canon and choose the one you like the most.
Top 10 Best Prime Lens For Canon You Should Go For In 2022
- View-angle Coverate：Diagonal 63 Degree/Vertical 38 Degree/Horizontal 54 Degree.
- Lens structure: 5 sets, 7 pieces
- Minimum aperture: f/22, minimum focusing distance: 0. 25M/ 0. 8ft, maximum magnification: 0. 23x.
- Filter Diameter / Quantity Available: 52mm / 1, Maximum Diameter and Length: 73*59mm.
- Support Auto focus (AF) and manual focus (MF) mode.
- Compact macro Lens with 0.5x Magnification Ratio
- Minimum Focusing Distance of 0.56 ft. ; 0.17M
- Control Ring for direct setting changes
- Optical Image Stabilization at up to 5 Stops of shake Correction
- 12 pin Communication System
- Standard focal length 50 millimeter lens is effective in a multitude of shooting situations and ideal for day-to-day shooting
- Elements/Groups: 7/6, Diaphragm: Blades 8, Filter Thread: Font 58 millimeter. Minimum focusing distance: 17.8 inch
- An f/1.4 maximum aperture provides clear imaging in low light situations and shallow depth of field
- Ultrasonic autofocus motor (USM) operation is fast, smooth and virtually silent
- 2 high-refraction lens elements and new Gaussian optics eliminate astigmatism and suppress astigmatic difference
- 85 millimetre standard lens with f 1.8 maximum aperture for Canon SLR cameras, Lens Type:Telephoto Zoom Lens
- Ring-type ultra-sonic monitor (USM) brings subject quickly into focus, Focal length: 85 millimetre, closest focusing distance: 2.8 feet
- Natural angle of view and perspective is ideal for portraits and natural images
- Designed to produce beautiful background blur; weighs 15 ounces
- Measures 3 inches in diameter and 2.8 inches long; 1-year warranty. Refer User manual for troubleshooting steps.
- 【Manual focus lens】 --- only work on m mode. prime telephoto lens for APS-C and full format sensors. For APS-C size sensors, the 35 mm equivalent focal length is 216 mm
- [Multi-layer MC coating] --- 6 groups of 6 optical structures, multi-layer MC coating can suppress lens reflections and ghosting, improve contrast and color fidelity.
- [Wide compatible] --- Compatible with canon cameras - Digital EOS 4000D, 2000D, 1200D, 60D, 70D, 77D, 80D, 90D, 50D, 40D, 30D, 5D, 1D, 5D III, 5D IV, 5Ds, 6D, 6D Mark II, 7D, 7D Mark II Rebel T1i, T2i, T3, T3i, T4i, T5, T5i, T6, T6i, T6s, T7, T7i, T7s, T8i, SL1, SL2, SL3 Digital SLR Cameras
- [High quality material] ---- The aluminum alloy structure is light and strong in design, and the rotating tripod mount can provide balance and stability when installed on a tripod or monopod.
- Aperture range from f/2.8 - f22 with 12 aperture blades ， and also provides better control over depth of field when working with selective focus techniques. Ideal for indoor sports and portraits with background blur.
- Moderate wide angle lens; equivalent to 35mm on a fullframe camera
- Builtin stepping motor provides smooth and quiet autofocus when shooting video
- Circular aperture (7 blades) delivers beautiful, soft backgrounds
- One aspheric element and bright f/2.0 lens for low light and soft backgrounds
- Minimum focusing distance of 5.9 inches/0.15 metres allows you to get close to your subjects
- Prime Lenses--85mm is an ideal Prime Lenses for portraits and natural pictures. F1.8 large aperture, virtual background which makes taking photos with more fun.
- Lens Construction ---Come of 6 high performance glass elements in 6 groups of which 1 are Hybrid Aspherical (ASP).
- COMPATIBILITY ---Compatible with Canon Digital EOS Rebel T1i, T2i, T3, T3i, T4i, T5, T5i, T6, T6i, T6s, T7, T7i, T7s, T8i, SL1, SL2, SL3, EOS 90D, 80D, 77D, 70D, 60D, 6D Mark II, 6D, 5D Mark IV, 5D Mark III, 7D, 1300D, D, 1200D, 2000D, 200D, 250D, 4000D, 7D Mark II, 400D, 650D, 550D, 600D, 750D , 450D etc.
- Note: This is a MANUAL FOCUS LENS, NO Electronic Contacts, that's why it will shows "Lens not attached", please switch to MF MODE in order to use this lens work. If still no shutter, pls Set the Release w/o Lens option in the camera menu to Enable to make lens work.
- UMC - All of its elements are Ultra Multi-Coated (UMC). Focal length: 85 millimeters, closest focusing distance: 3.2 feet. Aperture range from f / 1.8 - f / 22.
- - 8 pieces of circular aperture, smooth and large focus rings internal focusing(IF) hybrid aspherical lenses (H-ASP), ultra multi coating(UMC)
- - FULL MANUAL FOCUS OPERATION: require complete manual focus operation on dslr camera to align with lens body, NOT suitable for SLR beginners, recommended for photographers with excellent experience in equipment.
- - Compatible with Canon EOS Rebel T7, T7i, T6, T6i, T5, T5i, SL2, 80D, 77D, 700D, 70D, 60D, 50D, 5D, 6D, 7D, 600D, 550D, 200D, 150D, 100D, 1300D, 1400D, 1500D etc.
- Warm Tips: This is a MANUAL FOCUS LENS, NO Electronic Contacts, your camera will not detect the lens when mounted, that's why it shows "NO LENS ATTACHED", please switch to MF MODE in order to use this lens correctly. Tips to use our Manual Lens: 1) Set the mode dial to Manual (M). 2) Set the Release w/o Lens option in the camera menu to Enable. 3) Set the Shutter lock option in the camera menu to Off: no lens.
- - Large Aperture with a pleasing bokeh quality to further enhance shallow depth of field images
- 【Features】F1.8 Large Aperture, 6 elements in 5 groups, 58mm Filter diameter, 7pcs Aperture blades, Auto Focus and Manual Focus
- 【0.35m Closest Focusing Distance】Compared with the first generation, the closet focusing distance of YN50mm F1.8 II is shortened to 0.35m. You can get closer to the object for photography and enlarge the object.
- 【F1.8 Bright Aperture, support AF and MF】YN50mm F1.8 II Maximum aperture F1.8, bokeh effect is easily achieved, which brings you more fun during photographing. Supports auto focus and manual focus. The focus mode can be selected according to practical requirement.
- 【7 circular aperture blades】YN50mm F1.8 II has 7pcs of aperture blades, which helps to take picture of circular defocused spots or helps to stop down and take picture of 14-star effect.
- 【USB-free Firmware Upgrade, Durable Metal Mount】Firmware of the lens can be upgraded through camera instead of using USB port (Note: this function needs to be supported by camera). Adopts chrome-plated and high-accuracy metal mount. It’s wearable, corrosion-resistant, and highly consistent with the body of the camera.
- A fast, single-focal-length lens with normal 50mm focal length
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 to f/22
- STM Stepping AF Motor
- Filter Thread Diameter: 58mm,Minimum Focusing Distance: 17.8"
- EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
Criteria You Should Consider Before Purchasing The Best Prime Lens For Canon
Before choosing a prime lens for canon, you should take the following considerations into account.
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best prime lens for Canon may vary depending on your needs. However, here are some tips on how to find the right lens for you: 1. How much do you need resolution? If you’re looking for a lens that will provide the most detail in your photo, a faster lens is essential. If you need more than one 1/2 or 3-inch inch resolution, a zoom lens is necessary. 2. Do you need an all-around camera phone lens? If you plan on using your lens as an only camera phone lens, be sure to look for a more expensive and specialized Lens for Canon eXtra 25 II. This option includes a 3x digital teleconverter for additional range, making it easier to take pictures in low light conditions. 3. What type of photos do you want to take? You want a lens that can help you take healthy and challenging photos. Select the model that is best suited for your use first, as different models can offer different resolutions or features, which may not be ideal for all types of photos. 4. What
Related Frequently Asked Questions
What Are Prime Lenses For Canon?
A prime lens is a lens that is the best “CCT” or color space saving lens available. They are also called “coating” or “coating lenses”. The purpose of a prime lens is to let the camera take the most important images withoutambient light.
What Is A Prime Lens Good For?
A prime lens is a lens that has been made to perform better in low light conditions.
What Are The 3 Prime Lenses?
The three lenses are the lens of the camera, the lens of the camera’s sensor, and the lens of the sensor.
What Is The Most Useful Prime Lens?
The most useful prime lens is those that are FABularial and have a short focallet.
EOS Rebel T6i There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best prime lens for canon EOS Rebel T6i depends on individual preferences and needs. However, some of the best prime lenses forcanon EOS Rebel T6i include: The GH5 Mirrorless Lens is a good choice for those who want excellent resolution and speed. It comes with a 12-element Psychic Turner lens family, making it capable of capturing high-resolution images. The GH4 Mirrorless Lens is perfect for photography from close up or around the corner. It has a 30mm focus motivator was allowed to be used as a unique features, making it perfect for GH4 models that