Still life photography is a genre of photography that focuses on inanimate objects. It can be used to capture the detail and textures of objects, or to create compositions with a more graphic or abstract feel. There are many different types of lenses that can be used for still life photography, but some of the best options are wide-angle lenses which allow you to capture a lot of detail in a single frame, and telephoto lenses which can be used to create dramatic compositions.
Which Are The Best Canon Lens For Still Life Photography From Our Choice
Here is a quick recap of our top 10 picks that lets you compare each product with another and allow you to choose the best one.
10 Best Canon Lens For Still Life Photography People Love In 2022: In Depth Features
- 50 millimeter focal length and maximum aperture of f/1.8
- Great for portraits, action, and nighttime photography; Angle of view (horizontal, vertical, diagonal): 40º, 27º,46º
- Minimum focusing distance of 1.15 feet (0.35 meter) and a maximum magnification of 0.21x
- Stepping motor (STM) delivers near silent, continuous move Servo AF for movies and smooth AF for stills
- 80 millimetre effective focal length on APS C cameras, 50 millimetre on full frame cameras. Lens construction: 6 elements in 5 groups
- Busch, David D. (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 496 Pages - 09/21/2021 (Publication Date) - Rocky Nook (Publisher)
- 【Mini Camera with Safe Material】Sevenat kids digital camera with environment-friendly non-toxic material,small and light,durable, very easy to operate and safe for toddlers, kids.
- 【With 32G SD Memory Card】This children mini camera comes with 32G SD memory card, you don't need to worry about the storage anymore! Meanwhile, it built-in rechargeable lithium battery, your baby just open the switch key, then can catch the wonderful moment!
- 【36 MP ＆ FHD1080p & 16x digital zoom 】: Our kids digital camera has Full HD 1080P resolution, 36 megapixels, 16x digital zoom, keep on recording happy moments for your kids.
- 【What You Get?】Digital Camera x 1; Rechargeable Lithium Battery x2; USB cable for charging and data x1; Portable bag x1; Lanyard rope x1; User Manual x1;
- 【1 Year Guarantee】: For any quality issue, Sevenat provide 1 year Money Back guarantee that ensures you a total hassle-free purchasing. Any question, pls just contact us.
- 20.1 megapixel plus 35x zoom brings detailed subjects close - 3.0" LCD screen for easy viewing and photo editing
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization reduces blur
- Capture your videos in 720p HD Movie mode
- Does not support Wifi
- Beales, Finn (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 176 Pages - 11/03/2020 (Publication Date) - White Lion Publishing (Publisher)
- ✔ COMPATIBLE WITH ALL SMARTPHONES, TABLETS, and LAPTOPS including ALL iPhone models, Samsung Galaxy and Note, Google Pixel, Huawei and more. CONTENTS INCLUDE: TruView 0.45x Wide Angle Lens, Clarus 15x Macro Lens, TruGrip Lens Clip, GlowClip Mini Rechargeable LED Light + Charging Cable, Quick-Release Lanyard, DuraCase, EasyClip, Cleaning Cloth and LIFETIME WARRANTY.
- ✔ TRUVIEW 0.45x WIDE ANGLE LENS - CAPTURE 45% MORE PICTURE WITH EVERY SNAP: Shoot stunning photos of people, pets, travel scenery, landscapes, architecture, selfies and more. NO DARK CORNERS (vignetting) like cheaper lenses. Crafted from aircraft-grade aluminum and premium optical glass for durability and clarity. Multi-element, coated glass lenses minimize ghosting, reflections, lens flare, and other artifacts. Xenvo cell phone lens attachment is ideal for hobbyists and photography pros alike.
- ✔ CLARUS 15x MACRO LENS - MARVEL YOUR SENSES. MAGNIFY NEARBY SUBJECTS FOR BREATHTAKING, SUPER CLOSE-UP PHOTOS: Capture all the intricacies and details with precision-focus for razor crisp macro photos every time. (For best results, position macro lens approximately 1/2 inch from subject. Not designed for zooming in on distant subjects.) THE TRUGRIP LENS CLIP offers SUPERIOR GRIPPING POWER to fasten your lenses to your cell phone when you're in action mode, framing your next perfect shot.
- ✔ GLOWCLIP RECHARGEABLE LED FILL LIGHT - The GlowClip LED light clips ANYWHERE on your phone to instantly illuminate your subject and surroundings with warm continuous light. The warm and natural LED light is superior to your smartphone's built in flash—which can be blinding and unnatural—especially in darker settings and venues. FEATURES 3 BRIGHTNESS SETTINGS: Low, Medium and High. Say goodbye to frustrating photo "retakes" and hello to brilliant photos the first time.
- ✔ QUICK-RELEASE LANYARD AND TRAVEL CASE - TRANSPORT AND PROTECT YOUR LENS KIT: Perfect for taking your Xenvo lenses with you on the fly. The travel case stores and protects all lens kit components snugly and safely while the quick-release lanyard is the perfect way to carry your lenses on your next outing. Just drape the lanyard and lens around your neck. The quick-release lanyard head makes it a cinch to access your Xenvo lenses in a flash so you never miss another photo moment.
- Wide angle lens for Canon APS C cameras (equivalent to 38 millimeter on a full frame camera)
- Focal length & maximum aperture: 24 millimeter 1:2.8, maximum magnification of x0.27
- Slimmest and lightest lens of the EF S series
- Circular aperture (7 blades) delivers beautiful, soft backgrounds
- Full time manual focus allows manual focus adjustment while in One Shot AF mode
- - 8 pieces of circular aperture, smooth and large focus rings internal focusing(IF) hybrid aspherical lenses (H-ASP), ultra multi coating(UMC)
- - FULL MANUAL FOCUS OPERATION: require complete manual focus operation on dslr camera to align with lens body, NOT suitable for SLR beginners, recommended for photographers with excellent experience in equipment.
- - Compatible with Canon EOS Rebel T7, T7i, T6, T6i, T5, T5i, SL2, 80D, 77D, 700D, 70D, 60D, 50D, 5D, 6D, 7D, 600D, 550D, 200D, 150D, 100D, 1300D, 1400D, 1500D etc.
- Warm Tips: This is a MANUAL FOCUS LENS, NO Electronic Contacts, your camera will not detect the lens when mounted, that's why it shows "NO LENS ATTACHED", please switch to MF MODE in order to use this lens correctly. Tips to use our Manual Lens: 1) Set the mode dial to Manual (M). 2) Set the Release w/o Lens option in the camera menu to Enable. 3) Set the Shutter lock option in the camera menu to Off: no lens.
- - Large Aperture with a pleasing bokeh quality to further enhance shallow depth of field images
- Advanced 24.2MP BSI full frame Image Sensor w/ 1.8X readout speed
- 15 stop dynamic range, 14 bit uncompressed RAW, ISO 50 to 204,800. Compatible with Sony E mount lenses. Can be connected via Bluetooth with smartphones featuring (as of the date of release)- Android (Android 5.0 or later, Bluetooth 4.0 or later), iOS (Bluetooth 4.0 or later)
- Up to 10fps silent or mechanical shutter with AE/AF tracking. Battery life (Still Images): Approx. 610 shots (Viewfinder) / approx. 710 shots (LCD monitor), battery life (Movie, continuous recording): Approx. 200 min (Viewfinder) / Approx. 210 min (LCD monitor)
- 693 phase detection / 425 contrast AF points w/ 93 percent image coverage. Focus sensor: Exmor R CMOS sensor
- In the box: Rechargeable battery (NP FZ100), AC adapter (AC UUD12), shoulder strap, body cap, Accessory shoe cap, Eyepiece cup, Micro USB cable. Metering type: 1200 zone evaluative metering
- National Geographic Society
- Hardcover Book
- Griffiths, Annie (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 400 Pages - 10/28/2014 (Publication Date) - National Geographic (Publisher)
How To Choose The Best Canon Lens For Still Life Photography
Before choosing a canon lens for still life photography, you should take the following considerations into account.
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best canon lens for still life photography depends on your specific needs. However, some of the best Canon Lenses for still life photography include those made for digital photography, such as the 8th gen. or 5th gen. For film photography, try the 14th gen. or 15th gen.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
What Lens Should I Use For Still Life Photography?
To use still life photography, the lens you use should be a combination of a telephoto and a long zoom lens.
What Focal Length Of Camera Lens Is Best For Still Life Photography?
The best camera lens for still life photography is the f/2.8 lens that is used when using a digital stills camera to take pictures of ingredients that have been set in a pose such as wax, paint or flowers.
What Do You Need For Still Life Photography?
For still life photography, you will need a still glass, film, CtI mat, white & black sand impregnation techniques, and a camera.
What Canon Lens Should Every Photographer Have?
Canon lens is a word that comes to mind for a photographer’s tool. A Canon lens is going to do well in most photography situations. It is durable, easy to use, and has a lot of features.
There is no one perfect canon lens for still life photography. However, some of the best lenses for still life photography are those that use a chamberednge in the lens possible such as the Tamrons used on the camera. When choosing a lens, it is important to consider the resolution, the Construction and size of the lens.