Still life photography is a genre of photography that focuses on inanimate objects. It can be used to capture the detail and textures of objects, or to create compositions with a more graphic or abstract feel. There are many different types of lenses that can be used for still life photography, but some of the best options are wide-angle lenses which allow you to capture a lot of detail in a single frame, and telephoto lenses which can be used to create dramatic compositions.
Which Are The Best Canon Lens For Still Life Photography From Our Choice
Here is a quick recap of our top 10 picks that lets you compare each product with another and allow you to choose the best one.
10 Best Canon Lens For Still Life Photography People Love In 2022: In Depth Features
- Compact, Lightweight Fixed 50 millimeter Focal Length Lens.
- Large F, 1.8 Aperture for Low-Light Photography and Creative Background Blur
- A Stepping Motor (Gear-Type STM) Provides Smooth and Quiet Continuous AF During Video Recording, As Well As When Shooting Photos
- Control Ring for Direct Setting Changes
- Optimized Lens Placement and Coatings Help Deliver Outstanding Color Balance, While Minimizing Ghosting and Flare
- 50 millimeter focal length and maximum aperture of f/1.8
- Great for portraits, action, and nighttime photography; Angle of view (horizontal, vertical, diagonal): 40º, 27º,46º
- Minimum focusing distance of 1.15 feet (0.35 meter) and a maximum magnification of 0.21x
- Stepping motor (STM) delivers near silent, continuous move Servo AF for movies and smooth AF for stills
- 80 millimetre effective focal length on APS C cameras, 50 millimetre on full frame cameras. Lens construction: 6 elements in 5 groups
- Compact macro Lens with 0.5x Magnification Ratio
- Minimum Focusing Distance of 0.56 ft. ; 0.17M
- Control Ring for direct setting changes
- Optical Image Stabilization at up to 5 Stops of shake Correction
- 12 pin Communication System
- 81 Beads Fill Light with Softbox: The VL-81 LED video light is a upgraded version of VL49 2000mah led video light. It comes with 81 beads, CRI95 + 3200k-5600k, brighter, bigger angle. Softbox design, not dazzling
- Warm Light and White Light Adjustable: 41 white light beads + 40 warm light beads, color temperature 3200K-5600K, can be adjusted quickly according to the change of application scenario. Built-in lithium battery Type-C interface charging
- Rechargeable Camera Led Light: 3000mAh built-in lithium battery: Charging time is 3 hours, maximum brightness output is up to 150 minutes, minimum brightness output is up to 480 minutes
- 3 Cold Shoe Mount：The VL81 camera light is designed with 3 cold shoe, enable to connect multiple lights for brighter lighting; and it can be mounted a microphone, work as vlog filming light for gopro camera dslr iphone smartphone DJI Osmo Mobile
- Portable Light for Photograph: the VL81 camera light is very portable, super mini only 7.6*8.9*2.5cm/3*3.5*0.1in, ultra lightweight only 120g/4.2oz. And it has a hot shoe, enable to work as on camera light, extremely convenient for photograph
- LENS ATTACHMENT: Easily screws on to the front of your lens, and instantly expands the field of view for breathtaking wide-angle photography. Features a detachable macro lens for extremely high-resolution close-ups of small objects.
- LENS COMPATIBILITIES: Popular 58MM Lens models including Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/4-5.6 IS STM, Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM, Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III USM, Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM, Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM, Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Nikon AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED VR, Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8G, Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G, Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm f/4-5.6 R, Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 12-35mm f/2.8 II, Fujifilm XC 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OIS II
- CAMERA MODELS: Canon EOS Rebel T7 T7i T6i T6 T6s T5i T5 T4i T3i T100 SL3 SL2 SL1 90D 80D 77D 70D 1100D 700D 650D 600D 550D 7D Mark II 6D Mark II 5DS 5D Mark II 1D Mark II M3 M5 M6 M10 M50 M100 M200 R RP
- NOTE: PLEASE VERIFY YOUR CAMERA'S LENS THREAD SIZE BEFORE ORDERING. This Wide-Angle is compatible with 58MM lenses only. Lens sizes vary regardless of camera brand or model. Your camera's lens thread size will be marked somewhere on the lens barrel or printed underneath your lens cap. This number is always preceded by a ''Ø'' (diameter) symbol. For example: Ø58 = 58mm lens thread size.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: Backed by Our 90-Day Satisfaction Guarantee.
- Wide angle lens for Canon APS C cameras (equivalent to 38 millimeter on a full frame camera)
- Focal length & maximum aperture: 24 millimeter 1:2.8, maximum magnification of x0.27
- Slimmest and lightest lens of the EF S series
- Circular aperture (7 blades) delivers beautiful, soft backgrounds
- Full time manual focus allows manual focus adjustment while in One Shot AF mode
- ★ JINTU 420-800mm MF Super HD Telephoto lens, Solid Construction with full metal body, Small size 10.6 x 3.5 x 3.5 inch, lightweight 700g=1.8LB, easy to carry to anywhere.
- ★ Ultra high definition image quality .with Japan design, Multi coated low-dispersion glass. The surface of the lens body is oxidized to prevent paint loss and wear resistance
- ★ No working with canon Eos mirrorless cameras, only Compatible with DSLR cameras - Canon Digital EOS Rebel T1i, T2i, T3, T3i, T4i, T5, T5i, T6, T7, T6i, T6s, T7i, SL1, SL2, EOS60D, 70D, 77D, 80D, 50D, 40D, 30D, EOS 5D, EOS1D, EOS5D III, EOS 5D IV, EOS 5Ds, EOS 6D, EOS 7D, EOS 7D Mark II fit any Canon Digital SLR Cameras
- ★ Perfect for the wildlife or nature photographer who wants to be hidden while taking photos of the subject. Best choice for small or distant subjects when large heavy primes are impractical, ranging from birds and wildlife, through sports, to moon and the like
- ★ 2 Years Warranty. NOTE: This is a manual lens, NO auto focus, your camera will show "lens not attach", but not defect. pls change camera setting work as following : 1) Set the mode dial to Manual (M). 2) Set the Release w/o Lens option in the camera menu to Enable. 3) Set the Shutter lock option in the camera menu to Off: no lens.
- Compact, lightweight and high-image quality RF tele zoom lens, with a versatile zoom range of 100-400mm
- Optical Image Stabilizer with up to 5.5 Stops of shake correction
- Up to 6 stops of shake correction when paired with EOS R series cameras featuring In-Body Image Stabilizer (IBIS)
- Minimum focusing distance of 2.89 feet at 200mm and maximum magnification of 0.41x at 400mm
- High speed, smooth and quiet autofocus with Canon’s Nano USM
- Canon’s first ultra wide-angle, fixed focal length RF lens
- High image quality and bright, fixed f/2.8 maximum aperture
- A stepping motor (gear-type STM) that provides smooth and quiet continuous AF during video recording
- Supremely lightweight and compact, for an ultra-wide lens for full-frame cameras
- Minimum focusing distance of 5.11 inches and maximum magnification of 0.26x
- Advanced 24.2MP BSI full frame Image Sensor w/ 1.8X readout speed
- 15 stop dynamic range, 14 bit uncompressed RAW, ISO 50 to 204,800. Compatible with Sony E mount lenses. Can be connected via Bluetooth with smartphones featuring (as of the date of release)- Android (Android 5.0 or later, Bluetooth 4.0 or later), iOS (Bluetooth 4.0 or later)
- Up to 10fps silent or mechanical shutter with AE/AF tracking. Battery life (Still Images): Approx. 610 shots (Viewfinder) / approx. 710 shots (LCD monitor), battery life (Movie, continuous recording): Approx. 200 min (Viewfinder) / Approx. 210 min (LCD monitor)
- 693 phase detection / 425 contrast AF points w/ 93 percent image coverage. Focus sensor: Exmor R CMOS sensor
- In the box: Rechargeable battery (NP FZ100), AC adapter (AC UUD12), shoulder strap, body cap, Accessory shoe cap, Eyepiece cup, Micro USB cable. Metering type: 1200 zone evaluative metering
How To Choose The Best Canon Lens For Still Life Photography
Before choosing a canon lens for still life photography, you should take the following considerations into account.
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best canon lens for still life photography depends on your specific needs. However, some of the best Canon Lenses for still life photography include those made for digital photography, such as the 8th gen. or 5th gen. For film photography, try the 14th gen. or 15th gen.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
What Lens Should I Use For Still Life Photography?
To use still life photography, the lens you use should be a combination of a telephoto and a long zoom lens.
What Focal Length Of Camera Lens Is Best For Still Life Photography?
The best camera lens for still life photography is the f/2.8 lens that is used when using a digital stills camera to take pictures of ingredients that have been set in a pose such as wax, paint or flowers.
What Do You Need For Still Life Photography?
For still life photography, you will need a still glass, film, CtI mat, white & black sand impregnation techniques, and a camera.
What Canon Lens Should Every Photographer Have?
Canon lens is a word that comes to mind for a photographer’s tool. A Canon lens is going to do well in most photography situations. It is durable, easy to use, and has a lot of features.
There is no one perfect canon lens for still life photography. However, some of the best lenses for still life photography are those that use a chamberednge in the lens possible such as the Tamrons used on the camera. When choosing a lens, it is important to consider the resolution, the Construction and size of the lens.