Canon EF Lenses are some of the most popular in the filmmaking world. They offer great quality and a range of focal lengths to choose from.
A Shortlist Of The Best Canon Ef Lens For Filming
Here is a quick recap of our top 10 picks that lets you compare each item with another and allow you to choose the best one.
10 Best Canon Ef Lens For Filming People Love In 2022: In Depth Features
- Wide angle lens for Canon APS C cameras (equivalent to 38 millimeter on a full frame camera)
- Focal length & maximum aperture: 24 millimeter 1:2.8, maximum magnification of x0.27
- Slimmest and lightest lens of the EF S series
- Circular aperture (7 blades) delivers beautiful, soft backgrounds
- Full time manual focus allows manual focus adjustment while in One Shot AF mode
- 50 millimeter focal length and maximum aperture of f/1.8
- Great for portraits, action, and nighttime photography; Angle of view (horizontal, vertical, diagonal): 40º, 27º,46º
- Minimum focusing distance of 1.15 feet (0.35 meter) and a maximum magnification of 0.21x
- Stepping motor (STM) delivers near silent, continuous move Servo AF for movies and smooth AF for stills
- 80 millimetre effective focal length on APS C cameras, 50 millimetre on full frame cameras. Lens construction: 6 elements in 5 groups
- Compact macro Lens with 0.5x Magnification Ratio
- Minimum Focusing Distance of 0.56 ft. ; 0.17M
- Control Ring for direct setting changes
- Optical Image Stabilization at up to 5 Stops of shake Correction
- 12 pin Communication System
- EF Mount Lens rear caps are designed for EOS EF EFS Mount Digital cameras lenses.
- Rear Lens Cap, can protect your valuable lenses against scratches, moisture, dust and fingerprints when it is not attached to the camera.
- Compatible with Canon EF EFS Mount DSLR Lenses
- Package included: EF lens rear cap x 5pcs
- The Holga lens that can be used with ANY Canon DSLR/SLR Camera
- A kind of plastic lens that can be mounted to Canon cameras directly.
- By using it, the Canon DSLR cameras can also shoot pictures with soft and dark angle effects, just like Holga film cameras.
- Get one ! No Photoshop, Lightroom or other software for your photos!
- Each photo is unique.
- 24.1 Megapixel (APS-C) CMOS sensor with ISO 100-25600 (H: 51200).
- DIGIC 8 Image Processor with Auto Lighting Optimizer
- Improved Dual Pixel CMOS AF and Eye Detection AF (Still/Movie Servo AF support).
- 4K UHD 24p and HD 120p for Slow Motion.
- Vari-angle Touchscreen LCD Convenient for Vlogging and Various Composition
- 81 Beads Fill Light with Softbox: The VL-81 LED video light is a upgraded version of VL49 2000mah led video light. It comes with 81 beads, CRI95 + 3200k-5600k, brighter, bigger angle. Softbox design, not dazzling
- Warm Light and White Light Adjustable: 41 white light beads + 40 warm light beads, color temperature 3200K-5600K, can be adjusted quickly according to the change of application scenario. Built-in lithium battery Type-C interface charging
- Rechargeable Camera Led Light: 3000mAh built-in lithium battery: Charging time is 3 hours, maximum brightness output is up to 150 minutes, minimum brightness output is up to 480 minutes
- 3 Cold Shoe Mount：The VL81 camera light is designed with 3 cold shoe, enable to connect multiple lights for brighter lighting; and it can be mounted a microphone, work as vlog filming light for gopro camera dslr iphone smartphone DJI Osmo Mobile
- Portable Light for Photograph: the VL81 camera light is very portable, super mini only 7.6*8.9*2.5cm/3*3.5*0.1in, ultra lightweight only 120g/4.2oz. And it has a hot shoe, enable to work as on camera light, extremely convenient for photograph
- Moderate wide angle lens; equivalent to 35mm on a fullframe camera
- Builtin stepping motor provides smooth and quiet autofocus when shooting video
- Circular aperture (7 blades) delivers beautiful, soft backgrounds
- One aspheric element and bright f/2.0 lens for low light and soft backgrounds
- Minimum focusing distance of 5.9 inches/0.15 metres allows you to get close to your subjects
- - 8 pieces of circular aperture, smooth and large focus rings internal focusing(IF) hybrid aspherical lenses (H-ASP), ultra multi coating(UMC)
- - FULL MANUAL FOCUS OPERATION: require complete manual focus operation on dslr camera to align with lens body, NOT suitable for SLR beginners, recommended for photographers with excellent experience in equipment.
- - Compatible with Canon EOS Rebel T7, T7i, T6, T6i, T5, T5i, SL2, 80D, 77D, 700D, 70D, 60D, 50D, 5D, 6D, 7D, 600D, 550D, 200D, 150D, 100D, 1300D, 1400D, 1500D etc.
- Warm Tips: This is a MANUAL FOCUS LENS, NO Electronic Contacts, your camera will not detect the lens when mounted, that's why it shows "NO LENS ATTACHED", please switch to MF MODE in order to use this lens correctly. Tips to use our Manual Lens: 1) Set the mode dial to Manual (M). 2) Set the Release w/o Lens option in the camera menu to Enable. 3) Set the Shutter lock option in the camera menu to Off: no lens.
- - Large Aperture with a pleasing bokeh quality to further enhance shallow depth of field images
- Improved Dual Pixel CMOS AF and eye detection AF 24.1 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor with is 100–6400 (H: 12800)
- Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC technology working temperature range: 32-104°F/0-40°C
- 9-Point AF system and AI Servo AF
- Optical Viewfinder with approx 95% viewing coverage
- Use the EOS Utility Webcam Beta Software (Mac and Windows) to turn your compatible Canon camera into a high-quality webcam
How To Choose The Best Canon Ef Lens For Filming
Before choosing a canon ef lens for filming, you should take the following considerations into account.
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best Canon Ef lens for filmmaking depends on your specific needs. However, here are five general tips for choosing a Canon Ef lens for filmmaking: 1. What camera am I using? If you’re using a camera that doesn’t have a 3D option, or if you’re using a digital camera that doesn’t have image quality that can support film shots, then you’ll need to choose a different lens. Here is a guide on how to choose a Canon Ef lens for filmmaker’s camera options. 2. How many shots do I want to take with the lens? If you’re taking just one film shot with the lens every day, then it will be worth it. If, however, you are using a lot of time shooting with the lens every day to make movies or photos, then you may want to consider getting a six-element Lente lens. 3. How clear are the optics? If the optics are very clear and everyone can see the image well enough, then the Canon Ef lens may be good for you. If not so clear, people may need
Related Frequently Asked Questions
Which Canon Lens Is Best For Videography?
If you are using a Canon lens for your video Media Handling device, then the 5D MK III is their best option. If you are using a other camera then the 4 or 3 D cameras will work fine too.
Can You Use An Ef Lens On A Film Camera?
You can use an EF lens on a film camera, but it may not work with all cameras. Some films have curved surfaces that make it possible to use an EF lens on them, but other films don’t have these curved surfaces.
What Lens Is Best For Filming?
The best lens for filming is the f/1.8 lens.
What Is The Best Focal Length For Video?
The best focal length for video is about 565 degrees.
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best Canon Ef lens for filming depends on your specific needs and preferences. However, some tips on which Canon Ef lens is best for you can help you choose the best one for you.