An oil filter removal tool is a device used to remove an oil filter from an engine. The tool typically consists of a large handle with a threaded end that attaches to a socket wrench. The socket wrench is then used to turn the tool, which screws onto the oil filter and removes it from the engine.
Which Are The Best Oil Filter Removal Tool From Our Choice
If you don’t have enough time, check out this shortlist of the best oil filter removal tool and choose the one you like the most.
10 Best Oil Filter Removal Tool People Love In 2022: In Depth Features
- Tips: Bent Angle Design For Easier Use; Little Oil For Rust Protection
- High Carbon Steel For Strength And Reliability; Permalock Fastener Eliminates Nut And Bolt Failure
- Fits Filters From 2-3/8 To 4-1/2 Inches (60 To 102 Millimeters) In Diameter
- Soft, Nonslip Red Grips Offer Extra Reach And Leverage In Tight Places
- Universal Tool - This oil filter removal tool fits oil filters ranging from 60mm to 110mm (Oil filters Range 2.4 inch to 4.3 inch). A removable 3/8-inch reducer is available for larger clearance and can be used with a 3/8-inch square drive tool.
- 3 Jaw Design - Spurtar "claw" type oil filter wrench, ensures, with it's 3 Jaw grip, a more firm hold on the oil filter. Claws fits tighter as more torque is applied.
- High Performance Material - 3 jaws adjustable oil filter wrench are crafted with top grade steel structure, which provides the advantage of durability and wear resistance. Finished with black-oxide coating to resist rust & corrosion.
- Compact Design - This car filter oil change tools provides a low clearance, helping users dislodge filters even in tight spaces.
- Bonus Gift - The oil filter wrench set includes 1/2”-3/8” drive adapter that can fit 1/2 and 3/8 inch square driver ratchet which can meet different demand.
- [Multi-Function]: We provide professional swivel oil filter wrench and 12" adjustable oil filter plierss. The whole set of products includes various sizes to meet your work needs.
- [High-Quality]: Ergonomic non slip grip ensures comfortable working in narrow places and provides better safety.
- [Four sizes]: Mini size: 2-3/4" - 3-1/4" (68.85-82.55mm), Small size：3-1/2" - 3-3/4" (88.9-95.25mm)，Medium size：4" - 4-1/2" (101.6-114.3mm)，Large size：4-3/4" - 5-1/4" (120.65-133.35mm).
- [Professional Tools]: 12" Adjustable Oil Filter Pliers, Fits filters from 2-3/4 to 4-1/2-inches in diameter, Soft, non slip handles provide extra stretch and leverage in narrow areas.
- [Easy to Carry]: All Tools Were Packed in a Convenient Carrying Case, Ease and Fast in Collecting and Placing the Tools.
- SECURELY GRIP AND REMOVE A WIDE RANGE OF FILTERS – The Motivx Tools MX2330 oil filter wrench removes small 2.5” - 3.25” diameter traditional spin-on or canister style oil filters. The wrench features a tooth style design for a secure grip that won't slip and lets you easily and safely remove the filter.
- HEAVY DUTY CONSTRUCTION – This removal tool features a .050” captured spring as opposed to the flimsy .020” spring found on other wrenches. The jaws are built tough using nickel plated 4130 chromoly steel and attached to the 3/8” thick solid steel top plate. Low profile design gives you access to tight access spots.
- EASY TO USE – Simply slide the jaws of the wrench over the filter while slightly rotating to the right (tighten). Once the wrench is seated in place on the filter, use a ratchet and 3/8" extension to begin ratcheting the wrench counter-clockwise (loosen). The jaws will grip the stuck filter tightly and begin loosening it.
- PROFESSIONAL QUALITY - Motivx Tools is a specialty tool company located in the United States and we take great pride in our products. These oil filter wrenches are backed by a limited lifetime warranty and excellent customer service.
- IMPORTANT NOTES - The tool is for oil filter removal only, NOT for installation. Not for use on chrome plated oil filters or cartridge style filters where you have to remove a plastic or metal cap to expose the filter element. For larger spin-on filter sizes (greater than 3.5") use the Motivx Tools MX2331.
- COMPATIBLE WITH ALL TOYOTA CARTRIDGE STYLE OIL FILTERS - The Motivx Tools 64.3mm 14 flute oil filter wrench is compatible with all Toyota and Lexus cartridge style oil filter caps from 1.8L - 5.7L engines. This includes popular models like Camry, Tundra, Tacoma, 4Runner, RAV4, Corolla, Highlander, Prius and more that use a cartridge style filter where you remove a plastic cap to expose the paper filter element inside.
- WILL NOT BREAK TABS ON FILTER - This patent pending second generation filter removal tool features a “notch-less” design which securely grips the fluted plastic portion of the oil filter cap without engaging the tabs like older wrench designs. This prevents the tabs from cracking or breaking off which can lead to serious oil leaks.
- FITS A WIDE RANGE OF FILTERS - Outdated filter wrenches have limited fitment and only work with filters for either 1.8L or 2.5-5.7L engines. The Motivx Tools MX2320-US wrench works with all Toyota cartridge style filters and is compatible with Toyota spin-on style oil filters 90915-YZZF1, 90915-YZZN1, 90915-10009, and 90118-WBA40. Also works with select 14 flute spin-on filters from Honda, Bosch, Mobil 1, Purolator and Hiflofiltero.
- MADE IN USA - This oil filter wrench is proudly made in the USA. It is precision CNC machined from solid aluminum for a perfect fit and includes a manufacturer's lifetime warranty. The main body of the wrench is made from 6061-T6 aluminum and anodized grey while the drive hub is made from 7075-T6 aircraft aluminum for ultimate strength and anodized red for better visibility.
- DUAL DRIVE - This wrench can be operated with a 3/8” drive ratchet or extension, or a 24mm socket.
- 【SPECIFICATION】 Small/Medium Size Oil Filter Wrench; Oil filter wrench tool features a 60mm to 80mm or 80mm to 105mm range, you can choose as you needed. Please verify the suitable size for your oil filter!
- 【ADJUSTABLE SIZE】 Adjustable oil filter wrench could be adjusted from 60mm to 80mm, fit for 1/2 connector 12.5*12.5mm. Oil filter removal tool expedites the oil changing process, making oil changing faster and more routine. Just like the video on how to use SMOTIVEPRO products
- 【TIGHT GRIP】 2 serrated jaws ensures an oil filter socket with a firm hold on the filter, cooperating with Two Way Auto-Adjustable, helping users remove filters quickly, with less slip and without hassle. Claws fit tighter as more torque is applied.
- 【COMPACT DESIGN】 This oil filter remover provides a low clearance, helping users dislodge filters even in tight spaces.
- 【QUALITY MATERIALS】 2 jaws are crafted with top-grade steel and satin chrome finished, and after the process of heat treatment giving the owner confidence this tool is built to last.
- Adapter allows use with 1/2" square drive wrenches
- Designed to grip like socket reducing the possibility of crushing filter
- 23pcs Aluminum Alloy Cup Type Oil Filter Cap Wrench Socket
- with a storage case
- DURABLE - Ibetter 64mm 14 flute cup style oil filter wrench is made of 6065 aluminum alloy, which will provide great power to rotate the extremely tight oil filter cap and doesn’t damage the plastic cap. It is more durable than IB1225.
- EXCELLENT FINISH - Our oil filter wrenches are not only built tough, but the surface is treated with a high quality black anodized finish to prevent corrosion. The 6065 aluminum alloy with excellent finish will makes the wrench last forever.
- REFERENCE APPLICABLE MODELS - The oil filter cap removal tool fits most of auto models such as Toyota, Lexus , RAV4, Camry, Tundra, Highlander, Sienna and More vehicles equipped with 2.5L to 5.7L engines that use Toyota's cartridge style oil filter system. This wrench does not work on vehicles with traditional canister filters that you unscrew and throw away and does not fit the 1.8L engine oil filter cap.
- WARRANTY - Ibetter is a brand that specializes in auto parts for many years, so, our company is very confident in our products.Just buy with our 1 year warranty service. Just believe that any problem can be resolved by contacting seller service or amazon customer service (Please fist choose seller service).
- DRIVE - 3/8 inch square wrench.
- FIT FOR–Fit BMW 128i,135i,228i,228iX,320i,320iX,325i,325xi,328i,328iX,328xi,330i,330xi,335i,335is,335iX,335xi,428i,428iX,435i,435iX,525i,525xi,528i,528iX,528xi,530i,530xi,535i,535iX,535xi,550i,550iX,640i,640iX,650i,650iX,740i,740Li,740LiX,750i,750iX,750LiX,760Li,ALPINAB6X,ALPINAB7,ALPINAB7L,ALPINAB7LX,ALPINAB7X,ActiveHybrid3,ActiveHybrid5,ActiveHybrid7,MCoupe,M2,M235i,M235iX,M3,M4,M5,M6,X1(notB46),X3(notN47),X4,X5(notM57,N57,N62),X6,Z4(notM54,S54).
- PLEASE NOTE – This Ibetter oil filter removal tools with 16 flats is specifically designed and tested to fits all 2006 and newer BMW engines that have a smooth top oil filter cap. It will not fit caps with a 6 point nut on the top. Please verify the style your vehicle before ordering. For Volvo vehicles, it is better to use Ibetter 86.6mm oil filter wrench(The silver one).
- SUPER DURABLE – Ibetter oil filter drain tool are made from high strength steel that is updated design and allows proper removal and installation of oil filter housings.
- DRIVE - 3/8” drive.
- WHAT YOU GET- The 2-piece Adjustable Oil Filter Wrench Set includes 9-Inch and 12-Inch adjustable wrench. This is particularly useful if you have several vehicles with filters of various dimensions. The set would be good for basic home use, such as auto motorcycles, truck repairing, install oil filters and removal, and general assembly tasks.
- HIGH-QUALITY MATERIAL- The materials of wrenches determine their durability. Our wrench head is made of High quality forged carbon steel, heat-treated for durability. Drop forged construction and corrosion-resistant black finish prolong the service life.
- 5-POSITION SLIP JOINT DESIGN & ADJUSTABILITY- The 12’’ oil filter plier has a 3-3/4’’maximum opening and a 2-1/2’’minimum opening. The 9'' plier can be fit for 1-3/4’’ to 3’’ oil filter. If your filter fits within these diameter dimensions it will work. In addition, 5-position slip joint design for quickly adjusts to size, and Large teeth are set at a right angle to the jaw so they bite in either direction for a sure grip on slippery, oil-covered filters.
- LONG REACH- The long enough handle provide extra reach and leverage in tight places.The bigger ones have longer handles and grips and can help you get to areas in which the oil filter is hard to reach.
- ANTI-SLIP DESIGN- Good quality and the handles definitely save your hands strength and supply a great grip. With sure-grip teeth, forged jaws grab the filter firmly and gripping even slippery, oil-covered surfaces. WORKPRO oil filter wrench is able to remove even the tightest of the oil filters and will require you only a little effort to remove it.
Criteria You Should Consider Before Purchasing The Best Oil Filter Removal Tool
Before choosing a oil filter removal tool, you should take the following considerations into account.
1. If you’re looking for a simple, easy-to-use tool that can be used for both internal and external filter removal, the oil filter removal tool is a good option. This tool comes with a variety of attachments and can be used for both basic and advanced removal tasks. 2. Another good option for oil filter removal is the filterset remove tool. This tool is specifically designed for removing filters from inside vehicles, and it can be used in various ways to accommodate different types of filters. 3. Finally, there are few absolute necessity things like oil filter removal tools that come as compared to what people make use of after buying it. So, without more detail, we can say that the following five tools will do the trick just fine: 4. The manual filter removeer is another key tool that comes with some great attachments, such as a runtime Finester report writer, which makes it easy to take your time and jugularize your results while still providing a sense of control over the data collected. 5. The final toolkit comes with the Bose noise maker andutoctor and the headlight enforcement software. These tools are essential for anyone trying to understand and control the
Related Frequently Asked Questions
What Tool Can I Use To Remove Oil Filter?
You can use a plunger to remove the oil filter.
How Do You Remove An Oil Filter Without The Tool?
To remove an oil filter without the tool, you must remove the cap and journals. Once these two components are removed, you can remove the filter by thrusting it off of the vehicle.
Can An Oil Filter Be Removed By Hand?
An oil filter is not removable by hand.
What Tool Do You Use To Remove A Spin On Oil Filter?
A tool that is used to remove spin on oil filters is a plunger tool.
An easy and affordable way to remove bad oil filters is to use a common household cleaning bottlebrush. This tool is high-capacity and can clean various types of filters such as filter cleaner, spot filter, and oil filter. It is also important to note that the bottlebrush should be used properly and only againstcomedic-black off-putting film.