An oil filter removal tool is a device used to remove an oil filter from an engine. The tool typically consists of a large handle with a threaded end that attaches to a socket wrench. The socket wrench is then used to turn the tool, which screws onto the oil filter and removes it from the engine.
Which Are The Best Oil Filter Removal Tool From Our Choice
If you don’t have enough time, check out this shortlist of the best oil filter removal tool and choose the one you like the most.
10 Best Oil Filter Removal Tool People Love In 2022: In Depth Features
- 3.5 - 3.875 (88.9 - 98.4mm) Range. Fits most popular 3.625" standard filters.
- Tough, stainless steel band with permanently bonded textured coating for superior gripping power...won't slip.
- Swivel handle makes it easy to turn in tight spots. Handle swivels more than 180° with adjustable tension.
- Tension adjusting nut allows swivel pressure to be regulated...no more floppy filter wrenches.
- Coating process adds many additional gripping points to securely grab the filter.
- Tips: Bent Angle Design For Easier Use; Little Oil For Rust Protection
- High Carbon Steel For Strength And Reliability; Permalock Fastener Eliminates Nut And Bolt Failure
- Fits Filters From 2-3/8 To 4-1/2 Inches (60 To 102 Millimeters) In Diameter
- Soft, Nonslip Red Grips Offer Extra Reach And Leverage In Tight Places
- WHAT YOU GET- The adjustable oil filter wrench set includes 9-inch and 12-inch adjustable wrenches. This is particularly useful if you have several vehicles with filters of various dimensions. The set would be good for basic home use, such as auto motorcycles, truck repairing, installing oil filters and removal, and general assembly tasks
- HIGH-QUALITY MATERIAL- The materials of wrenches determine their durability. Our wrench head is made of high-quality forged carbon steel, heat-treated for durability. Drop-forged construction and corrosion-resistant black finish prolong the service life
- 5-POSITION SLIP JOINT DESIGN & ADJUSTABILITY- The 12" oil filter clamp has a maximum opening of 3-3/4" and a minimum opening of 2-1/2". The 9" plier can be fit for 1-3/4" to 3" oil filter. If your filter fits within these diameter dimensions it will work. In addition, the 5-position slip joint is designed to quickly adjust to size, and large teeth are set at a right angle to the jaw so they bite in either direction for a sure grip on slippery, oil-covered filters
- LONG REACH- The long enough handle provides extra reach and leverage in tight places. The bigger ones have longer handles and grips and can help you get to areas in which the oil filter is hard to reach
- ANTI-SLIP DESIGN- Good quality and the handles definitely save your hands strength and supply a great grip. With sure-grip teeth, forged jaws grab the filter firmly and grip even slippery, oil-covered surfaces. WORKPRO oil filter wrench is able to remove even the tightest of the oil filters and will require you only a little effort to remove it
- APPLICATIONS GALORE: This adjustable oil filter wrench removes oil filters on many domestic and foreign light trucks and passenger vehicles, as well as motorcycles and lawnmowers
- EXTRA GRIP: Our oil filter puller includes a magnetic base attachment that keeps the oil filter remover securely in place while you remove filter caps
- VERSATILE: This auto adjustable oil filter wrench fits filter sizes between 2.4 to 3.6 inches (60MM to 93MM)
- HOLD ON TIGHT: Our adjustable filter wrench features spring-loaded jaws for a more secure grip than the average oil filter claw wrench; The 3 prong legs reduce slippage
- DON'T GET STUCK: Working in tight areas is hard enough without stuck on filters; This compact adjustable oil filter removal tool removes tough filters in tight spaces
- [Adjustable Size] Small/Medium Size Oil Filter Wrench; Wrench could be adjusted from 60mm to 80mm OR 80mm to 105mm, you can choose as you needed. Fit for 1/2 connector 12.5*12.5mm. Please verify the suitable size for your oil filter !
- [Greater Grip] Specially tooth design jaws ensure that the car oil filter tool hold the filter without slide. And our wrench holds up to half of the filter for a greater grip which could reduce the risk of slipping if the filter is stubborn or damaging the filter.
- [Easy to Use] Easily put the jaws on the filter while slightly turn the slot at the top of the oil filter wrench counterclockwise. Once the wrench is seated in place on the filter, use a 1/2 inch ratchet and extension to begin ratcheting the wrench counter-clockwise. The jaws will grip the stuck filter tightly and begin loosening it. Reduces time consuming removals and removal of stubborn filters.
- [Premium Quality] Our filter wrench was equipped with a high quality spring and heavy duty metal jaws. The spring and movable jaws design loose or tighten as you turn ensuring this oil filter wrench will provide the tight grip you need on the filter for a more efficient fitting and removal.
- [Package Includes] 1 x Small or medium size Two-claw Adjustable Oil Filter Wrench. We provide perfect custmer service, please feel free to contact with us if you have any questions with our products, our customer service team will reply you right away, And try our best to make you satisfied and happy.
- SECURELY GRIP AND REMOVE A WIDE RANGE OF FILTERS – The Motivx Tools MX2330 oil filter wrench removes small 2.5” - 3.25” diameter traditional spin-on or canister style oil filters. The wrench features a tooth style design for a secure grip that won't slip and lets you easily and safely remove the filter.
- HEAVY DUTY CONSTRUCTION – This removal tool features a .050” captured spring as opposed to the flimsy .020” spring found on other wrenches. The jaws are built tough using nickel plated 4130 chromoly steel and attached to the 3/8” thick solid steel top plate. Low profile design gives you access to tight access spots.
- EASY TO USE – Simply slide the jaws of the wrench over the filter while slightly rotating to the right (tighten). Once the wrench is seated in place on the filter, use a ratchet and 3/8" extension to begin ratcheting the wrench counter-clockwise (loosen). The jaws will grip the stuck filter tightly and begin loosening it.
- PROFESSIONAL QUALITY - Motivx Tools is a specialty tool company located in the United States and we take great pride in our products. These oil filter wrenches are backed by a limited lifetime warranty and excellent customer service.
- IMPORTANT NOTES - The tool is for oil filter removal only, NOT for installation. Not for use on chrome plated oil filters or cartridge style filters where you have to remove a plastic or metal cap to expose the filter element. For larger spin-on filter sizes (greater than 3.5") use the Motivx Tools MX2331.
- Universal Tool - This oil filter removal tool fits oil filters ranging from 60mm to 98mm (Oil filters Range 2-3/8 inch to 3-7/8 inch). A removable 3/8-inch reducer is available for larger clearance and can be used with a 3/8-inch square drive tool.
- 3 Jaw Design - Eastyard "claw" type oil filter wrench, ensures, with it's 3 Jaw grip, a more firm hold on the oil filter. Claws fits tighter as more torque is applied.
- High Performance Material - 3 jaws adjustable oil filter wrench are crafted with top grade steel structure, which provides the advantage of durability and wear resistance. Finished with black-oxide coating to resist rust & corrosion.
- Compact Design - This car filter oil change tools provides a low clearance, helping users dislodge filters even in tight spaces.
- Bonus Gift - The oil filter wrench set includes 1/2”-3/8” drive adapter that can fit 1/2 and 3/8 inch square driver ratchet which can meet different demand.
- COMPATIBLE WITH ALL TOYOTA CARTRIDGE STYLE OIL FILTERS - The Motivx Tools 64.3mm 14 flute oil filter wrench is compatible with all Toyota and Lexus cartridge style oil filter caps from 1.8L - 5.7L engines. This includes popular models like Camry, Tundra, Tacoma, 4Runner, RAV4, Corolla, Highlander, Prius and more that use a cartridge style filter where you remove a plastic cap to expose the paper filter element inside.
- WILL NOT BREAK TABS ON FILTER - This patent pending second generation filter removal tool features a “notch-less” design which securely grips the fluted plastic portion of the oil filter cap without engaging the tabs like older wrench designs. This prevents the tabs from cracking or breaking off which can lead to serious oil leaks.
- FITS A WIDE RANGE OF FILTERS - Outdated filter wrenches have limited fitment and only work with filters for either 1.8L or 2.5-5.7L engines. The Motivx Tools MX2320-US wrench works with all Toyota cartridge style filters and is compatible with Toyota spin-on style oil filters 90915-YZZF1, 90915-YZZN1, 90915-10009, and 90118-WBA40. Also works with select 14 flute spin-on filters from Honda, Bosch, Mobil 1, Purolator and Hiflofiltero.
- MADE IN USA - This oil filter wrench is proudly made in the USA. It is precision CNC machined from solid aluminum for a perfect fit and includes a manufacturer's lifetime warranty. The main body of the wrench is made from 6061-T6 aluminum and anodized grey while the drive hub is made from 7075-T6 aircraft aluminum for ultimate strength and anodized red for better visibility.
- DUAL DRIVE - This wrench can be operated with a 3/8” drive ratchet or extension, or a 24mm socket.
- Multi Function: Shonee 3-Jaw adjustable oil filter wrench can be used on objects with a diameter from 2 1/2 to 4 inches (63mm to 101mm) ,such as oil filters, conduit, fittings and more.
- Durable: Shonee universal oil filter removal tool is made from high carbon steel which is very durable.
- Excellent Finish: Shonee multifunctional oil filter remover treated with black anodized finish to prevent corrosion.
- Drive: Compatible with both 3/8-inch and 1/2-inch drive ratchets and breaker bars, this oil filter wrench also features a 7/8” hex bolster that can be used with a standard or ratcheting wrench, so you’ll have plenty of options to get the leverage and access you need.
- Warranty: 1 year. Shonee is a brand specializing in the production and management of automotive supplies. Our products undergo strict product quality monitoring before sales.
- 🎁Great gift for Christmas.
- Universal Application-The Adjustable Oil Filter Wrench can adjust to the size you need to remove most oil filters between 3 inches and 5-1/2 inches (76mm-140mm) in diameter. Fits any 3/8” and 1/2" ratchet/extension or 7/8” wrench for when extra leverage is needed and to make it quicker to use, helping users dislodge filters even in tight spaces.
- 3 Claw Design- WORKPRO Oil Filter Wrench uses a newly designed Three Claw, high thickness, good toughness, and excellent torque, Moreover, integrated knurling treatment on the tail of the three claws, anti-slip, can effectively strengthen the bite force of the oil pot, making your work easier.
- Two Way Auto Lock- The 2-way auto lock design makes it far easier to loosen or tighten without struggling or accidentally stripping threads. As soon as you apply torque in either direction, the oil filter wrench with 100n·m automatically tightens allowing you to remove your oil filter with ease.
- High Performance Material- Our 3-legged Oil Filter Wrench is made of durable Chrome Steel, which has a good fixation, durability, and long service life. And it has a 45# Carbon Steel steel nut on the top, and two upper and lowers thickened pressure pieces to firmly press the high-precision gear, the gear and bearing are fixed with three steel screws firmly without slipping. The approximate thickness of the pressure piece is 3/20 inches with higher retention and higher torque.
Criteria You Should Consider Before Purchasing The Best Oil Filter Removal Tool
Before choosing a oil filter removal tool, you should take the following considerations into account.
1. If you’re looking for a simple, easy-to-use tool that can be used for both internal and external filter removal, the oil filter removal tool is a good option. This tool comes with a variety of attachments and can be used for both basic and advanced removal tasks. 2. Another good option for oil filter removal is the filterset remove tool. This tool is specifically designed for removing filters from inside vehicles, and it can be used in various ways to accommodate different types of filters. 3. Finally, there are few absolute necessity things like oil filter removal tools that come as compared to what people make use of after buying it. So, without more detail, we can say that the following five tools will do the trick just fine: 4. The manual filter removeer is another key tool that comes with some great attachments, such as a runtime Finester report writer, which makes it easy to take your time and jugularize your results while still providing a sense of control over the data collected. 5. The final toolkit comes with the Bose noise maker andutoctor and the headlight enforcement software. These tools are essential for anyone trying to understand and control the
Related Frequently Asked Questions
What Tool Can I Use To Remove Oil Filter?
You can use a plunger to remove the oil filter.
How Do You Remove An Oil Filter Without The Tool?
To remove an oil filter without the tool, you must remove the cap and journals. Once these two components are removed, you can remove the filter by thrusting it off of the vehicle.
Can An Oil Filter Be Removed By Hand?
An oil filter is not removable by hand.
What Tool Do You Use To Remove A Spin On Oil Filter?
A tool that is used to remove spin on oil filters is a plunger tool.
An easy and affordable way to remove bad oil filters is to use a common household cleaning bottlebrush. This tool is high-capacity and can clean various types of filters such as filter cleaner, spot filter, and oil filter. It is also important to note that the bottlebrush should be used properly and only againstcomedic-black off-putting film.