Portrait photography is all about capturing the essence of a person in an image. To do this well, you need a lens that is capable of rendering realistic detail and beautiful background blur. The best Nikon portrait lens for this purpose is the 105mm f/1.4E ED. This lens delivers stunning images with incredible sharpness and creamy bokeh. It is also very versatile, allowing you to capture both close-ups and full-length portraits with ease.
A Shortlist Of The Best Nikon Portrait Lens
Take a look at the following comparison chart of our top 10 best nikon portrait lens that will win your heart.
10 Best Nikon Portrait Lens People Love In 2022: In Depth Features
- F mount lens/DX format. Picture angle with Nikon DX format 44 degree
- 52.5 millimeter (35-millimeter equivalent). Rear focusing; Manual focus override
- Aperture range: F/1.8 to 22; Dimensions(approx.) 70 x 52.5 millimeter
- Silent wave motor AF system. Accepts filter type is screw on. Lens construction: 8 elements in 6 groups
- Compatible formats is dx and fx in dx crop mode. Maximum reproduction ratio: 0.16x
- It includes LC-67 67mm snap-on front lens cap , LF-1 rear lens cap , HB-32 Bayonet lens hood, CL-1018 Flexible lens pouch and maximum reproduction ratio is 1/5
- Vibration Reduction is engineered specifically for each VR NIKKOR lens and enables handheld shooting at up to 3 shutter speeds slower than normal.
- Aspherical lens element virtually eliminates coma and other types of lens aberration, further improving image integrity.
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC) enhances light transmission and offers superior color consistency and reduced flare.
- Close focusing to 1.48 feet - Creative close-up photography is possible throughout the entire zoom range.
- High-speed normal lens Great for travel and for shooting full-length portraits in available light
- Distortion-free images with superb resolution and color rendition, Provides high-contrast images even at maximum aperture
- Format Compatibility: Nikon FX/35mm Film and Nikon DX
- Autofocus operation with this lens is possible with Nikon autofocus cameras (except the F3AF); manual focus possible via separate focusing ring with all Nikon SLRs.
- Autofocus system is compatible with select Nikon DSLRs that support D-type lenses and have an autofocus motor.
- NOTE: THIS LENS WILL NOT AUTOFOCUS with D3000, D3100, D3200, D3300, D3400, D3500, D5000, D5100, D5200, D5300, D5500, D5600, D40, D40X AND D60. These cameras will only allow for manual focus with AF-D type lenses.
- Focal Length : 50 mm (FX), 75mm (DX)
- Great for travel and for shooting full-length portraits in available light
- F/1.8 large aperture which helps to separate the subject from background;
- A great prime lens that is an excellent addition to the Nikon 12-50mm kit lens;
- Supports auto focus and manual focus modes;Supports full-frame and APS-C format cameras;
- Adopts gold plated metal contacts, which effectively improves the signal conductivity and corrosion resistance;
- Supports M/AV/TV/P and other camera shooting modes, and parameters used to take pictures can be displayed in the EXIF Information;
- Standard 85mm full frame lens for portrait, subject, archiecture and landscape photography.
- Wide aperture of f1.8 with 9 diaphragm blades, designed to produce super smooth round blur effect (bokeh).
- Lens consturction is 9 elements in 6 groups with decent build quality, capable of delivering sharp and clear images.
- Compatible with Nikon APS-C frame cameras, the equivalent focal length is 127.5mm.
- Features micro USB firmware upgrade interface, enables you to upgrade the lens online
- Warning: This is a MANUAL Lens, NO Electronic Contacts, the camera will not detect the lens when mounted, that's why it shows not connecting properly, please switch to MF MODE in order to use this lens correctly. Tips to use our Manual Lens: 1) Set the mode dial to Manual (M). 2) Set the Release w/o Lens option in the camera menu to Enable. 3) Set the Shutter lock option in the camera menu to Off: no lens.
- - FULL MANUAL FOCUS OPERATION: require complete manual focus operation on dslr camera to align with lens body, NOT suitable for SLR beginners, recommended for photographers with excellent experience in equipment.
- - Compatible/Replacement for Nikon D850, D810, D800, D750, D700, D610, D300, D3100, D3200, D3300, D3400, D5100, D5200, D5300, D5500, D5600, D7000, D7100, D7200, D7500, D50, D60, D90, Df, D3, D3X etc.
- - 8 pieces of circular aperture, smooth and large focus rings internal focusing(IF) hybrid aspherical lenses (H-ASP), ultra multi coating(UMC)
- - Large Aperture with a pleasing bokeh quality to further enhance shallow depth of field images
- Prime Lenses--85mm is an ideal Prime Lenses for portraits and natural pictures. F1.8 large aperture, virtual background which makes taking photos with more fun.
- Lens Construction ---Come of 6 high performance glass elements in 6 groups of which 1 are Hybrid Aspherical (ASP).Focal length: 85 millimeters, closest focusing distance: 3.2 feet. Aperture range from f / 1.8 - f / 22.
- Widely compatible with Nikon camera D5 D4S Df D4 D850 D810 D800 D800E D300S D610 D600 D7500 D7200 D7100 D7000 D5600 D5300 D5200 D5100 D5000 D90 D3400 D3300 D3200 D3100 D3S D750 D700 D500 D1 D1H D100 D2H D1X D70 D2X D50 D70s D2Hs D200 D80 D2Xs D40 D40X D300 D3 D60
- "Lens Not Attached" : MANUAL LENS need you to enable "M mode " or "Release without lens" in the setting of camera.
- HD, super multicoated optics for the sharper images All metal solid construction. Natural angle of view and perspective is ideal for portraits and natural images
- Fast f/1.8 aperture for beautifully blurred backgrounds and great low-light performance
- Draws peak performance from high-resolution DSLRs
- Great for landscapes, skyscrapers, environmental portraits, food, action, hobbies and much more
- Part of Nikon's exceptional system of full-frame f/1.8 prime lenses
- Versatile wide-angle prime lens will widen your creativity. Minimum aperture - f/16
Things To Consider Before Buying The Best Nikon Portrait Lens
Before choosing a nikon portrait lens, you should take the following considerations into account.
There is no one definitive way to buy a Nikon portrait lens. Some factors you may want to consider include what you need to know in order to decide which lens is right for you, how much space they are of interest to you, how much zoom they can offer, and whether or not they are backed by a warranty.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
Which Lens Is Best For Portrait Photography Nikon?
A DX lens is better for portrait photography because it has a higher resolution and a greater number of lens options. For a practical Guide on how to take portraits with a Nikon D680, we would recommend the DX model.
Which Lens Is Best For Portrait Photography?
A good lens for portrait photography is the telephoto lens.
Why Is 85Mm Best For Portraits?
A person’s 5th grade teacher famousently said, “raits of excellent people offer great profits.” Which means that a person’s ability to paint the perfect portrait every time is because of the fact that they time it right. And that is why 85mm for portraits is the best choice for people who want to have great looking portraits without having to worry about how to create the perfect one.
What Is A Good Lens For Family Portraits Nikon?
A good lens for family portraits is a zoom lens. It will be helpful if you can take some several other shots to make sure that it is the right lens for you.
The Nikkor portrait lens is a classic lens that can be found in most point-and-shoot camera models. It is a medium telephoto lens that can be used for capturing excellent photos of people or landscapes. It has a good range of 50 to 599 mm and has been used by some of the best photographers in the world.