Canon lenses are some of the most popular options on the market and for good reason. They offer excellent quality, performance and value. When it comes to choosing the best Canon lens for portraits, there are a few factors to consider. Focal length, aperture and image stabilization are all important features to look for when making your decision.
A Shortlist Of The Best Canon Lens For Portraits
If you don’t have enough time, check out this shortlist of the best canon lens for portraits and choose the one you like the most.
Top 10 Best Canon Lens For Portraits You Should Go For In 2022
- 50 millimeter focal length and maximum aperture of f/1.8
- Great for portraits, action, and nighttime photography; Angle of view (horizontal, vertical, diagonal): 40º, 27º,46º
- Minimum focusing distance of 1.15 feet (0.35 meter) and a maximum magnification of 0.21x
- Stepping motor (STM) delivers near silent, continuous move Servo AF for movies and smooth AF for stills
- 80 millimetre effective focal length on APS C cameras, 50 millimetre on full frame cameras. Lens construction: 6 elements in 5 groups
- - 8 pieces of circular aperture, smooth and large focus rings internal focusing(IF) hybrid aspherical lenses (H-ASP), ultra multi coating(UMC)
- - FULL MANUAL FOCUS OPERATION: require complete manual focus operation on dslr camera to align with lens body, NOT suitable for SLR beginners, recommended for photographers with excellent experience in equipment.
- - Compatible with Canon EOS Rebel T7, T7i, T6, T6i, T5, T5i, SL2, 80D, 77D, 700D, 70D, 60D, 50D, 5D, 6D, 7D, 600D, 550D, 200D, 150D, 100D, 1300D, 1400D, 1500D etc.
- Warm Tips: This is a MANUAL FOCUS LENS, NO Electronic Contacts, your camera will not detect the lens when mounted, that's why it shows "NO LENS ATTACHED", please switch to MF MODE in order to use this lens correctly. Tips to use our Manual Lens: 1) Set the mode dial to Manual (M). 2) Set the Release w/o Lens option in the camera menu to Enable. 3) Set the Shutter lock option in the camera menu to Off: no lens.
- - Large Aperture with a pleasing bokeh quality to further enhance shallow depth of field images
- EF 50mm f/1.8 STM is a compact, lightweight fixed focal length lens ideal for everyday photos, and with a large f/1.8 aperture, a perfect lens for low-light photography and creative background blur
- EF-S10-18mm F4.5-5.6 IS STM is an EF-S ultra-wide zoom lens with an impressive starting focal length (16mm in 35mm equivalence). For expansive scenery from tall buildings to inspiring mountain ranges, the wide angle of view from the EF-S 10–18mm f/4.5–5.6 IS STM helps you achieve vivid colors and details during your travels
- A stepping motor (Gear-type STM) supports the Movie Servo AF function in providing smooth and quiet continuous AF during video recording, as well as when shooting photos
- EF 50mm f/1.8 STM:Minimum focusing distance of 1.15 ft. (0.35m); maximum magnification of 0.21x. EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM:Full-time manual focus allows manual focus adjustment while in AF Mode
- EF 50mm f/1.8 STM :Circular aperture (7 blades) helps deliver beautiful, soft backgrounds.Metal mount helps provide stability and ruggedness
- Filter size is 67mm, minimum focus distance with 0.85m
- Lens aperture range is F/1.8-F/22, lens construction with 6 groups of 9 pieces
- Full frame view: level: 16 degree / vertical: 24 degrees / diagonal: 28.5 degrees
- Lens carrying the usual electronic contacts, but also a USB connection that can be used to upgrade the lens firmware
- Suitable for a wide range of other subjects, including selective architecture, landscapes, portrait, short range sports and theatre photography
- Focal Length & Maximum Aperture: 35mm f/1.4
- Subwavelength Coating (SWC) helps significantly reduce lens ghosting and flare.Lens Construction: 14 elements in 11 groups
- Diagonal Angle of View: 63°
- Focus Adjustment: AF with full-time manual
- Closest Focusing Distance: 0.92 ft./0.28m. Increased maximum magnification (0.21x) help expand the range of expression, especially when capturing close-up subjects
- Bundle Includes : Canon EF-S10-18mm F4.5-5.6 IS STM + Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Lenses + 49MM UV Filter + 67MM UV Filter + Two Lens Pouches + Two Lens Cap Keepers + Camera Flash Bracket + Dust Blower + Brush Pen
- EF 50mm f/1.8 STM is a compact, lightweight fixed focal length lens ideal for everyday photos, and with a large f/1.8 aperture, a perfect lens for low-light photography and creative background blur.
- EF-S10-18mm F4.5-5.6 IS STM is an EF-S ultra-wide zoom lens with an impressive starting focal length (16mm in 35mm equivalence). A stepping motor (Gear-type STM) supports the Movie Servo AF function in providing smooth and quiet continuous AF during video recording, as well as when shooting photos.
- EF 50mm f/1.8 STM:Minimum focusing distance of 1.15 ft. (0.35m); maximum magnification of 0.21x. EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM:Full-time manual focus allows manual focus adjustment while in AF Mode.
- EF 50mm f/1.8 STM :Circular aperture (7 blades) helps deliver beautiful, soft backgrounds
- Prime Lenses--85mm is an ideal Prime Lenses for portraits and natural pictures. F1.8 large aperture, virtual background which makes taking photos with more fun.
- Lens Construction ---Come of 6 high performance glass elements in 6 groups of which 1 are Hybrid Aspherical (ASP).
- COMPATIBILITY ---Compatible with Canon Digital EOS Rebel T1i, T2i, T3, T3i, T4i, T5, T5i, T6, T6i, T6s, T7, T7i, T7s, T8i, SL1, SL2, SL3, EOS 90D, 80D, 77D, 70D, 60D, 6D Mark II, 6D, 5D Mark IV, 5D Mark III, 7D, 1300D, D, 1200D, 2000D, 200D, 250D, 4000D, 7D Mark II, 400D, 650D, 550D, 600D, 750D , 450D etc.
- Note: This is a MANUAL FOCUS LENS, NO Electronic Contacts, that's why it will shows "Lens not attached", please switch to MF MODE in order to use this lens work. If still no shutter, pls Set the Release w/o Lens option in the camera menu to Enable to make lens work.
- UMC - All of its elements are Ultra Multi-Coated (UMC). Focal length: 85 millimeters, closest focusing distance: 3.2 feet. Aperture range from f / 1.8 - f / 22.
- 85 millimetre standard lens with f 1.8 maximum aperture for Canon SLR cameras, Lens Type:Telephoto Zoom Lens
- Ring-type ultra-sonic monitor (USM) brings subject quickly into focus, Focal length: 85 millimetre, closest focusing distance: 2.8 feet
- Natural angle of view and perspective is ideal for portraits and natural images
- Designed to produce beautiful background blur; weighs 15 ounces
- Measures 3 inches in diameter and 2.8 inches long; 1-year warranty. Refer User manual for troubleshooting steps.
- 50mm focal length and maximum aperture of f/1.8
- Great for portraits, action, and nighttime photography
- Minimum focusing distance of 1.15 ft. (0.35m) and a maximum magnification of 0.21x
- Stepping motor (STM) delivers near silent, continous Move Servo AF for movies and smooth AF for stills
- 80mm effective focal-length on APS-C cameras, 50mm on full-frame cameras
- 【Manual focus lens】 --- only work on m mode. prime telephoto lens for APS-C and full format sensors. For APS-C size sensors, the 35 mm equivalent focal length is 216 mm
- [Multi-layer MC coating] --- 6 groups of 6 optical structures, multi-layer MC coating can suppress lens reflections and ghosting, improve contrast and color fidelity.
- [Wide compatible] --- Compatible with canon cameras - Digital EOS 4000D, 2000D, 1200D, 60D, 70D, 77D, 80D, 90D, 50D, 40D, 30D, 5D, 1D, 5D III, 5D IV, 5Ds, 6D, 6D Mark II, 7D, 7D Mark II Rebel T1i, T2i, T3, T3i, T4i, T5, T5i, T6, T6i, T6s, T7, T7i, T7s, T8i, SL1, SL2, SL3 Digital SLR Cameras
- [High quality material] ---- The aluminum alloy structure is light and strong in design, and the rotating tripod mount can provide balance and stability when installed on a tripod or monopod.
- Aperture range from f/2.8 - f22 with 12 aperture blades ， and also provides better control over depth of field when working with selective focus techniques. Ideal for indoor sports and portraits with background blur.
What To Look For Choosing The Best Canon Lens For Portraits
Take the following considerations into account to choose the best canon lens for portraits that meets your needs.
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best canon lens for portraits depends on your specific needs. However, some tips on how to choose the right lens for your needs include using a Slo-Collar lens cleaner, charged through the camera with a lightedlass, to avoid focus issues; and using a telecoil in order to avoid vignetting.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
Which Canon Lens Is Best For Portrait?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best Canon lens for portrait photography depends on the individual’s specific purposes and preferences. However, somecanon lens recommendations for portrait photography include the EF 24-105mm f/4mm Nisus or the EF 14-24mm f/4mm or the FG 14-24mm f/4mm.
Which Lens Is Best For Portrait Photography?
Posterity photography is often conducted with a view from high up, making use of a large lens as a allows for a large angle of view. If you’re Shooting from close up, an large- Format lens like a digital camera have would be the best option, as it can take on the look of a portrait photo while still providing good resolution.
Which Is Better For Portraits 50Mm Or 85Mm?
The difference between these cameras is that 50mmistrates are optically viewable, while 85mmodies are not. So a person who wants to take a portrait with 50mmiusMS can pull out their photograph andCutout from the back to have a visible body. An example would be a woman who wants to take a portrait with a 50mmiusTM camera would rough cuts on the back with her photograph shows her as is.
What Is The Best Lens Size For Portraits?
The best lens size for portraits is the 8th or 9th power.
There is no one perfect lens for portraits. However, when considering all of the available lenses, it is likely that a suitable lens would be found who would provide excellent results for those taking photos of people in portrait mode.