A 50mm prime lens is a camera lens that has a fixed focal length. This means that the lens cannot be zoomed in or out. A 50mm prime lens is a good choice for portrait photography, as it allows you to get close to your subject while still providing a wide field of view.
A Shortlist Of The Best 50Mm Prime Lens For Nikon
Take a look at the following comparison chart of our top 10 best 50mm prime lens for nikon that will win your heart.
Top 10 Best 50Mm Prime Lens For Nikon You Should Go For In 2022
- Fast, upgraded f/1.8, compact FX format prime lens. The picture angle with 35 millimeter (135) format is 47 degree and the maximum reproduction ratio is 0.15X
- Focal length 50 millimeter, minimum focus distance 1.48 feet (0.45 meter)
- Newly developed optical system with aspherical lens element, exclusive Nikon silent wave motor (SWM)
- M/a focus mode switch, filter thread 58 millimeter, autofocus: Yes. Dimensions (approx.) (from the camera lens mounting flange): Approximately 2.83 inches diameter x 2.01 inches
- Optimized for edge to edge sharpness on both fx and dx format d SLRS
- Autofocus system is compatible with select Nikon DSLRs that support D-type lenses and have an autofocus motor.
- NOTE: THIS LENS WILL NOT AUTOFOCUS with D3000, D3100, D3200, D3300, D3400, D3500, D5000, D5100, D5200, D5300, D5500, D5600, D40, D40X AND D60. These cameras will only allow for manual focus with AF-D type lenses.
- Focal Length : 50 mm (FX), 75mm (DX)
- Great for travel and for shooting full-length portraits in available light
- Fast 50mm prime for Z Mirrorless cameras
- Uncanny f/1.8 performance, extreme sharpness and virtually zero distortion
- New ultra-quiet stepping motor for silent focusing
- Beautiful bokeh and superior Low-light performance
- 5-Axis Dual detect optical VR powered by Z cameras
- F1.4 maximum aperture; F16 minimum
- Ultrasonic-type AF motor with full-time manual focusing, 58mm filters
- Minimum focus Distance : 0.45m/17.72 Inches. Lens Hood: HB-47
- Nikon F mount for FX and DX DSLRs. Unparalleled autofocus performance.Mount Type: Nikon F-Bayonet
- Lens not zoomable
- F/1.8 large aperture which helps to separate the subject from background;
- A great prime lens that is an excellent addition to the Nikon 12-50mm kit lens;
- Supports auto focus and manual focus modes;Supports full-frame and APS-C format cameras;
- Adopts gold plated metal contacts, which effectively improves the signal conductivity and corrosion resistance;
- Supports M/AV/TV/P and other camera shooting modes, and parameters used to take pictures can be displayed in the EXIF Information;
- Lens not zoomable
- Focal Length : 50 mm, Minimum Focus Distance - 1.5 ft.( 0.45 m)
- FX in DX Crop Mode 35mm Film. Lens Construction (Elements/Groups): 6/5
- Note: Autofocus is not supported by D40, D40x, D60, D3000, D3100, D3200, D3300, D3400, D5000, D5100, D5200, D5300, D5500, and D5600 cameras--lens may be used with manual focus only. Be sure to check your camera's lens-compatibility information before selecting a new lens.
- Exclusive Nikon 50mm f/1.8G Lens (Internation Model) includes:
- Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8G Lens An essential lens if ever there was one, the AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8G from Nikon is the classic normal-length prime featuring a bright maximum aperture and lightweight design. Corresponding to the natural field of view, the 50mm focal length is well-suited for a wide variety of subjects, including everything from landscape to portraiture.
- Commander Optics 58mm UV Filter, Nikon Soft Lens Case
- Commander Optics 58mm Tulip Hood, Lens Cleaning Pen, Lens Cleaning Cloth and Nikon Lens Cap
- This Lens is Compatible with: Nikon D3000, Nikon D3100, Nikon D3200, Nikon D3300, Nikon D3400, Nikon D3500, Nikon D4s, Nikon D5, Nikon D500, Nikon D5200, Nikon D5300, Nikon D5500, Nikon D5600, Nikon D6, Nikon D610, Nikon D7100, Nikon D7200, Nikon D750, Nikon D7500, Nikon D780, Nikon D800E, Nikon D810, Nikon D810A, Nikon D850, Nikon Df
- 50mm lens with extraordinary rendering power across the entire frame.
- Vast f/1.2 maximum aperture.
- Breakthrough autofocus.
- Great for studio, street, wedding photography and portraits. Weatherproof build.
- Compatible with all Nikon Z series mirrorless cameras.
- Support auto focus (AF) and manual focus (MF) mode, Full line of the products are glass lenses.
- The aperture blades up to 7 pieces,which allows you able to shoot the near-circular diffuse plaques,appropriately narrow the apertures can shoot the 14 astral effect.
- Adopts chrome high precision metal bayonet,which effectively improve the goodness to fit the camera body and the bayonet strength, wear and corrosion resistance for durable use.
- Supports full-frame and APS-C format cameras,supports M/AV/TV/P and other camera shooting modes,and can be displayed the aperture data in the EXIF Information.
- Multi-coated lenses,effectively improve the transmittance and suppress the ghosting and flare when in backlit shooting,Adopts gold plating for the metal contacts,effectively improve the signal conductivity and corrosion resistance.
- STUNNING RESOLUTION - Offering natural image rendering and exceptional sharpness, the AF NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8D is a versatile prime lens that will quickly become your DSLR's best friend. Extremely compact and lightweightùit weighs approximately 5.5 oz (155g) making it a convenient carry-around lens for nearly any shooting opportunity. Its aperture control ring enables smooth manual adjustments during Live View shooting, making it a great video partner, too.
- VERSATILE - The AF NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8D is as versatile as it is compactùperfect for travel, portraits and general photography. Its fast f/1.8 maxium aperture creates an attractive natural background blur (bokeh) and enables great low-light shooting. Produce consistently stunning visuals, indoors or out.
- PERFORMANCE IN ANY LIGHT - The AF NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8D is fast enough for shooting in most lighting situations without a flashùfrom dusk and dawn to dim indoor lighting. Its aperture control ring allows for manual adjustments during Live View shooting. Broaden your shooting opportunities.
- SUPERIOR LENS COATING TECHNOLOGY - Nikon's exclusive multilayer lens coating achieves high transmittance in a wider wavelength range. Even for zoom lenses with a large number of glass elements, this coating system effectively reduces the ghost and flare effects that are likely to occur in backlit situations, helping you achieve high-contrast images with rich gradation.
- BUNDLE INCLUDES: Nikon 50mm f/1.8D AF NIKKOR Lens | Front Lens Cap | Rear Lens Cap | Nikon USA 5-Year Authorized USA Warranty | Deco Photo Small Neoprene Lens Bag Protective Sleeve Water & Scratch Resistant Pouch Case | Vivitar 52mm Multicoated UV Protective Camera Lens Filter
What To Look For Before Buying Best 50Mm Prime Lens For Nikon
Before choosing a 50mm prime lens for nikon, you should take the following considerations into account.
There is no one definitive guide to choosing the best 50mm prime lens for nikon. If you’re looking for a guide that takes a more comprehensive and online approach, be sure to check out our article on the best 50mm Prime Lenses for Nikon. Once you have the overall goal in mind, we’ve also got some of the best options that are available on the market. If you’re looking for aolfokk’s review, he suggests the old-school, affordable option that is Tokamak focus force lens. When it comes to the nikon 50mm max, there are a few things to consider. First and foremost, make sure it is have a good Throw Ratio (in olympic clearosa terms, it measures the distance to the sensor at 1/4ooming mark). Second, and most importantly, make sure the lens is en suite with Bruges filter standard. Finally, make sure the camera can handle this type of photography. While there are many options to consider when it comes to the nikon 50mm max, we’ve found three of the best ones in this price range. These are: 1) Panyan Liang
Related Frequently Asked Questions
What Is The Nikon 50Mm Lens Good For?
If you’re looking for a lens that can is will record and watch video, the Nikon 50mm lens is a good option. It can also take care of small objects in front of it like video recordings can’t.
What Is A 50Mm Prime Lens Used For?
A 50mm prime lens is used to produce a low-light effect when shooting in low-light conditions.
Is 35Mm Or 50Mm Better For Portraits?
35mm photographers will prefer portraits as they offer a more NARROW view of the head and face. 50mm photographers will prefer portraits as they offer a more wider view of the head and face.
Is 50Mm Lens Good For Portraits?
A 50mm lens is good for portraits because it is wide open.
D4 There is no one definitive answer to this question. Some people prefer the quality of the Movement series of cameras while others find them too noisy. Some people prefer the quality of the Movement series of cameras while others find them too noisy.